I hope everyone is doing fine in this uncertain time. I wish for peace and unity for all nations. It’s a time that is not easy for many of us but we are counting on each other. The Sephora Savings Event has started on Friday 10/27 for Rouge Members! Today I’m rounding up the best makeup to splurge on during the sale event. This round-up carries mostly new launches that you must try + all-time favourite products/stables by category. I tried to keep the categories within the top 5 picks (less or more) plus linked the review post along for reference. The dates and details are as follows:
- Rouge First Access, save 20% off 10/27 through 11/06
- VIB Members, save 15% off 10/31 through 11/06
- Insiders, save 10% off 10/31 through 11/06
Bases to Splurge
For the base, I always like glowing and fresh-looking skin. I hardly wear full-coverage or matte foundations only for special occasions. But today sharing my all favorite formulas with you along with different finishes. When it comes to primers – I don’t use them much as I like to prep my skin with skincare products quite well. But I like to use some primers for special occasions with matte foundations that have worked well with heavy makeup.
Urban Decay Photo Finish Primer is a good primer to hold the makeup in place for a longer time and blurs out any visible pores.
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer is one of the best hydrating primers. The entire collection is incredible – it preps the skin for you if you don’t have the time for your skincare. The makeup looks nice and fresh. Fully reviewed here.
Full/Medium Matte Coverage Foundations:
I have been obsessed with the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Filter Foundation. It is a foundation that you can wear during the day and night that has a nice velvety finish and smoothly goes over the skin. You can find the full review here.
Hourglass Ambient Soft Glow Foundation is a really good foundation with a soft focus blurring effect. It does set nicely on the skin and the finish is smooth. I can say that one of the best full-coverage foundations I’ve tried especially if you have dry and mature skin. I have a full review post here.
Nars Soft Matte Foundation is a foundation that is lightweight and feels like skin with a blurring focus. and it doesn’t require powder to set this in place. You can find the entire range review here.
Light Natural Coverage Foundations:
Givenchy’s Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Glow Foundation is one of the best formulas I’ve tried for how it finishes the skin with a radiance. It’s a perfect foundation for the season as the weather gets dryer and this performs very well on dry skin.
Armani’s Luminous Silk Foundation is one of my favourite and stable foundations that I like to wear when I need nice skin with a perfect amount of coverage.
Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation is a new formula that is quite impressive. Skin looks fresh and healthy. The coverage is buildable but it makes skin healthy looking.
Nars Light Reflecting Advanced Skincare Foundation could be a hit or miss but for me, it is the best formula that I can trust blindly. Full review here.
Shop My Favorites
CC Cream’s & Tinted Moisturizers:
It Cosmetics CC cream is one of the best formulas!! and hats off that it comes in many different textures that can be customized to your skin texture. I love the matte finish for summer days and the Nude Glow for winter days. I have reviewed all of them and you can find the reviews for Nude Glow Formula here, Matte Formula here, Illuminating here and Original Formula here.
Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Moisturizing Foundation is one of the best full coverage and radiant finish foundations that have all skincare benefits.
Shop My Favorites
When it comes to concealers – I am very picky as my under-eye area is quite dry and only a few formulas work well. I find these formulas are stable and must-have. So happy that now you can find the Clé de Peau Beauté The Concealer at Sephora. This is one of the best formulas to correct and conceal without setting it with powder and it finishes the under-eye area flawlessly.
Armani Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer is one of the best hydrating and luminous concealers that covers everything while it looks fresh and natural on the skin. Fully reviewed here.
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of my all-time favourite and stable formulas. Full review & swatches here.
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer is one of the best long-wearing concealers that finishes the skin flawlessly. Fully reviewed here.
Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Buildable Coverage Crease Proof Concealer is the best full-coverage concealer that doesn’t smudge or smear. Fully reviewed here.
Shop My Favorites
Best Setting Powder & Setting Spray:
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder (reviewed here) is an all-time stable that not only sets the foundation in place it offers an airbrush finish to the skin. I use it in shade 3 Voile Rosé which is incredible.
Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder is another amazing powder that blurs out fine lines and sets the concealer and foundation in place. Fully reviewed here.
Laura Mercier Ultra-Blur Talc-Free Translucent Loose Setting Powder (reviewed here) is a classic setting powder and the new formula is even better.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush is a classic best-setting compact powder that sets the foundation and gives the airbrush finish without making the under-eye area look dry.
bareMinerals BAREPRO 16-HR Skin-Perfecting Powder Foundation (fully reviewed here) is yet another stable pressed compact powder that you can wear alone or on top of the foundaiton.
Urban Decay All-Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray is a classic and best setting spray.
Shop My Favorites
When it comes to eyes I’ve very firm and easy eye looks that contain lots of neutrals. I do like to play with colours and glitters from time to time. I do prefer a good quality and well-performed formula and here are some of the latest on what I love. For me, mascara and eyeliner/pencils are a must and I can’t get enough of them (I like to apply them as a combo).
Best Eyeshadow Palettes:
Huda Beauty Empowered Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches here is an all-in-one eyeshadow palette – I consider this a good neutral + soft peachy palette. It has everything to take you from day to night, and a great palette to travel with. I am tempted to get my hands on her newest eyeshadow palette Pretty Grunch Palette.
Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow Reviewed here is a classic and staple formula that gives easy yet perfect eye looks every time.
Shop My Favorites
Best Liners/Pencils + Mascaras:
Givenchy Volume Disturbia Mascara is the best mascara!! I officially can say I am obsessed with this formula and its wand.
Huda Beauty Creamy Kohl Longwear Eye Pencil & GXVE Line It Up Clean 24-Hr Gel Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner are two new favourite pencils that perfectly line the eyes. Reviews for both are coming soon.
Urban Decay 24/7 Inks Vegan Liquid Eyeliner Pen is one of my new favourite formulas – it doesn’t budge or move at all and very easy to apply (review to come) as well as their 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil are my favourite formula for soft smokey looks.
Lancome Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara (Review here) is one of the best mascaras I’ve tried – It’s just been a classic in my looks. I’ve also been really loving their Lash Idôle Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Mascara and recently launched their Idôle Ultra-Precise Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner (reviewed here) which is a waterproof eyeliner with a precise felt tip and intense colour payoff. Right now Lancome is offering quite some nice mascara sets – Iconic Mascara Trio & Idole Lash Mascara and Idole Liner Set.
Shop My Favorites
Benefit Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel is easy to grom the brows and a staple.
Diorshow OnSet Brow Gel is one of the best formulas – very easy to use with great lasting power.
It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil is a perfect pencil especially if you’re a mom and need that quick brow look this is it.
Anastasia Ombre Effect Long-Wearing Brow Powder Duo is a stable and classic that I believe everyone should have in their makeup drawer.
Shop My Favorites
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick Reviewed here is one of the best formulas and carries the best shades that don’t turn orange.
- Benefit Hola Bronzer is a classic that doesn’t turn orange and performs well at all times and in weather conditions.
- Nars Laguna Bronzing Cream (Review + Swatches here) has been one I’ve reached out to the most in the past year.
- Smashbox Cali Contour Face Palette (Review + Swatches here) is a well-designed palette that has everything you need to finish your complexion.
- Guerlain Terracotta Light Healthy Glow Bronzer (Review + Swatches here) is a classic staple in my makeup looks and probably the most used formula.
- Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand is one of my favourite cream highlighters.
- Makeup by Mario SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer (Review + Swatches here) is an all-in-one glow formula that looks beautiful on the skin.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is one of the best palettes you can own and is classic and a must-have. They just introduced new Edit Unlock face palettes and they are gorgeous.
I love hydrating lipstick formulas, and most of the times I prefer wearing lip balms. When it comes to matte lipsticks I am quite picky as I have super dry lips and I don’t like the way matte lipstick wears. But I do have found some formulas that are amazing for it’s finish and wear.
Nars Powermatte Long-Lasting Lipstick (favourite shade Sweet Disposition + Night Moves) has been a nice matte formula that doesn’t dry out the lips at all. Review + Swatches here. Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick (favourite shade 100) Review + Swatches here.
Givenchy Rouge Interdit Intense Silk Satin Matte Lipstick (favourite shades Beige Nu is a perfect nude and Grainè is a perfect red) is the best lipstick formula. Review + Swatches here. The formula is soft and smooth.
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Runway Royalty is my all-time favourite shade and best lipstick formula for smooth finish. Review + Swatches here. The Armani Lip Power Matte is the latest I’ve tried (review to come) is really hydrating matte formula that wears quite nicely on the lips with great lasting power.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper is one of the best plumping formulas I’ve tried. Reviewed here
- Buxom Full-On Plumping Lip Cream Gloss is another one that has a beautiful finish and a great range of colours. Review + Swatches here
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss is stable for me. I love the formula and soft and smooth finish.
- Lip Cheat Lip Liner – Pillow Talk Collection is one of the best formulas.
- Makeup For Ever Artist Color Pencil Lip Liner in Completely Sepia is my favourite shade with a good long-lasting power.
- Smashbox Be Legendary Line & Prime Pencil in Fair Neutral Rose is a perfect nude with a creamy texture. It’s one for on-the-go with lip gloss.
- Huda Beauty Lip Contour is one of the best creamy formulas with amazing lasting power.
Tinted Lip Balms:
- Bobbie Brown Extra Lip Tint is one of my favourite formulas reviewed here
- Givenchy Rose Perfecto Tinted Liquid Balm is so pretty and wears so well on the lips. Review + Swatches here
- If I ever had to pick a lipstick then it is the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm. There is nothing that compares to this. Reviewed here and my favourite shade is Rose Nu
- Nars Afterglow Sensational Lipstick is also quite hydrating with good enough coverage. Reviewed here.
I hope you find this post helpful. Happy Shopping!!