The Sephora Savings Event is starting on starts on Thursday 04/14 for Rouge Members! Today I’m rounding up the best makeup to splurge on during the sale event. This round-up carries mostly new launches that you need to try + all-time favourite products/stables by category. I tried to keep the categories within the top 5 picks (less or more) plus linked the review post along for reference. The dates and details are as follows:
- Rouge First Access, save 20% off 04/14 through 04/17
- VIB Members, save 15% off 04/18 through 04/24
- Insiders, save 10% off 04/18 through 04/24
I will have a separate post up for Skin/Hair/Body + some best beauty picks you can get for the upcoming season tomorrow!
To start with a good makeup look, prepping the skin is the most important part. As I have very dry skin here are a couple of picks that make the makeup not only last longer but make it look so much better on your skin.
- Bobbie Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer is the best priming moisturizer that doesn’t feel heavy and it makes the skin finish flawlessly.
- Dior Airflash Radiance Mist has been a classic primer for me. If you don’t like the spray version, they just launched a new
- Dior Airflash Radiance Mist has been a classic primer for me. If you don’t like the spray version, they just launched a new version of Dior Forever Glow Veil Makeup Primer that is as good as the Airflash (review to come).
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum is a perfect base that makes the skin look fresh and dewy. I also got my hands on the new Strawberry BHA Pore-Smooth Blur Drops that I think is perfect for someone with oily skin and might be a good one for dry skin on summer days.
- Smashbox Photo Finish primer collection the best primer for all skin types and the Illuminating finish is another favourite and classic primer for me, fully reviewed here.
These are some of my all-time favourite makeup enhancers that you can use as a primer or mix with your foundation to get that nice radiant finish or wear them alone for the most beautiful and natural-looking skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter/Wonderglow Face Primer both are quite amazing and gives the skin that dewy finish look.
- Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop’lit All-Over Glow Enhancer has been a favourite of mine to mix with my foundations or wear alone to radiant-looking skin. Full review here.
- Makeup by Mario SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer is an easy go-to enhancer that you can wear alone. Full review here.
Best Tinted Sheer/Medium Coverage Foundations:
when it comes to my tinted moisturizers, I like them lightweight and with a dewy finish and with a good skincare benefit for the fact that I use them on everyday bases.
- YSL NU Bare Look Tint Foundation (reviewed here) is a sheer to medium coverage infused with hyaluronic acid that fresh and dewy finish skin. It evens out the skin and gives that no-makeup look you always desire.
- Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint (reviewed here) was probably one of my most used tinted moisturizers in 2022. It has light coverage but covers everything you need to cover and creates that smooth finish skin. I’ve shared a natural tutorial using the same product on my Instagram Reel.
- Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Moisturizing Foundation SPF 45 (reviewed here) is another one that I like to wear to create a no-makeup makeup look. It’s sheer but adds a lovely radiance to the skin. I love that this caries SPF 20.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Light Revealer Natural Skin Illuminator (reviewed here) is another stable of mine. I find the entire tinted moisturizer collection from Laura Mercier quite impressive and will offer you that smooth and natural finish but I find the Revealer Natural Skin gives that nice glow.
- It Cosmetics’ CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation (reviewed here) is stable in my makeup routines especially as the weather warms up. Personally, I prefer the Matte finish during the summertime as it lasts longer and looks more beautiful on the skin during humid days.
Best Full-Coverage Matte Finish Foundations:
My taste for full-coverage foundations seems like remains the same as not all matte and full-coverage foundations work on my skin. Here are the BEST full coverage foundations:
- Nars Soft Matte Foundation (fully reviewed here) is probably one of the best foundations that is light and covers everything with a nice blurring finish.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Matte Foundation is a classic full-coverage foundation that recenty been interoduced with a new formulation and looks seamless on the skin. Review to come.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s best full-coverage foundation (fully reviewed here) is a stable and blends beautifully without feeling heavy at all while it offers that airbrush finish.
- YSL All Hours Foudation (fully reviewed here) is a new favourite one, it’s easy to wear and the coverage is buildable.
- Hourglass Ambient Soft Glow Foundation (fully reviewed here) is one of the best full-coverage foundations. It gives that nice velvety finish and has a blurring finish and gives that ambient lighting effect that looks really nice.
Best Medium/Full-Coverage Radiant Finish Foundations:
These are quite the foundations I reach out to most of the time for everyday looks and occasional evening looks. Nothing beats the finish and lasting power of these foundations especially if you have dry skin.
- Nars Light refelcting Foundation is a perfect foundation that wears beautifully with amazing lasting power, it’s been a classic foundation for me. Full review & swatches here.
- Makeup For Ever HD Skin Undetectable Foundation is a perfect base that looks amazing on the skin. Full review & swatches here.
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Glow Foundation is stable for me. It gives that nice dewy and radiant finish to the skin. Full review & swatches here.
- Armani Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless is another classic foundation. Semi-matte finish that blurs out any imperfections and looks natural on the skin. Full review & swatches here.
- Shiseido Synchro Skin Radiant Lifting Foundation is one of the best foundations for an airbrush finish. Fully reivewed here.
Concealers are one complexion product that I rely on most of the time when it comes to makeup looks and they play a major role in how it finishes the makeup. I can do 10 amazing concealers to try that is amazing for dry skin but I am only going for 6 as there are quite some new and amazing launches. There are a few new concealers that you might find the full review in the coming days that are not on this list yet.
- Armani Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer is one of the best hydrating and luminous concealers that covers everything while it looks fresh and natural on the skin. Fully reivewed here.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of my all-time favourite and stable formulas. Full review & swatches here.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer is one of the best long-wearing concealers that finishes the skin flawlessly. Fully reivewed here.
- Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Buildable Coverage Crease Proof Concealer is the best full-coverage concealer that doesn’t smudge or smear. Fully reviewed here.
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Concealer is one I recently discovered and has already been a favourite formula for its finish and lasting power. Full review & swatches here.
- Urban Decay Qukie Concealer is one of the best full-coverage formulas and is quite stable. Fully reivewed here.
Best Setting Powders/Sprays
Best Loose Powder:
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder (reviewed here) is an all-time stable that not only sets the foundation in place it offers an airbrush finish to the skin. I use it in shade 3 Voile Rosé that is inceridile.
- Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder is another amazing powder that blurs out find lines and sets the concealer and foundation in place. Fully reviewed here.
- Laura Mercier Ultra-Blur Talc-Free Translucent Loose Setting Powder (reivewed here) is a classic setting powder and the new formula is even better.
- Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder is one of the best setting powder for all over complexion (fully reivewed here)
- Guerlain Météorites Illuminating Powder Pearls is a loose setting powder that offers skin that luminous finish while it sets the makeup in place. I love that it does everything for the skin, from correcting to setting the foundation and giving that nice glow.
Best Pressed Setting Powder/Powder foundations:
- Makeup For Ever HD Skin Matte Velvet Undetectable Longwear Blurring Powder Foundation is my trusted powder that doesn’t dry out the skin while setting the foundation in place. I love to use it with my dense foundation brush and it will give me the most beautiful skin. (fully reivewed here)
- Chalotte Tilbury Airbrush (reviewed here) is a classic best setting compact powder that sets the foundation and give the airbrush finish.
- bareMinerals BAREPRO 16-HR Skin-Perfecting Powder Foundation (fully reivewed here) is yet another stable pressed compact powder that you can wear it alone or on top of the foundaiton.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray (fully reivewed here) nothing compares to this setting spray. It sets the makeup in place and makes it look flawless.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray is a classic and best setting spray.
I have a limted selection of the brush from high end to drug store, where you can find a full guide Here but sharing few every day stables.
Best Foundation Brush It Cosmectics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush #6 is one of the best foundation brushes I’ve ever used. I promis once you started to use this brush you’ll never use anything else. BeautyBlender is definitly another stable in every day makeup looks. Makeup for Ever 56 Large Flat Blush Brush is a multi tasking brush (contour, highlight & Blush) and finishes the makeup seamless.
I hope you find this guide helpfull, all the recommedations are based on my skin type which is dry and senstive and may not applicable for all skin types. I have tried to keep the round up very exclusive and share the best I’ve tried by far.