It have been quite some time since I have shared a Foundation roundup and today by popular request I have a round-up of foundations and bases I’ve been testing lately. Winter over here in Canada especially at the west side is quite dry and cold that some times I do give up on wearing makeup most of the days and there is no way my skin tolerate any kind of powder foundation at all. Yet I have been so impressed with some of the bases and foundations that I discovered throughout the year that stays put and doesn’t look dry at all.
This round-up covers every thing from natural looking foundations with sheer to medium coverage to a nice full coverage base you need this time. Although most of the full coverage foundations are quite drying at this point of year which I do not like but I managed to prepare my skin so well with some amazing primers and boosters that they worked nice on the events and occasions that I needed to cover every thing while looking flawless.
Sheer to Medium Liquid Foundations & Bases
Up First are the natural looking foundations and bases with sheer to medium coverage. Many of them comes with a great range of shades. For me this category is the most reached bases on daily basis with great offerings especially for those with dry to combinations skin and which is what I usually prefer to wear. Almost all theses bases carries a super natural and radiant finish.
- Nars Tinted Glow Booster is one of the most luminous and glowing base that works amazing for every day look with a little bit help of correcting and concealing, every thing looks smooth. It’s probably the sheerest that gives a nice glowing skin and blurs out all the imperfections. It also makes a nice hydrating and glowing base for your full coverage foundations and comes in a good range of shades, fully reviewed here.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector I have never been so impressed with a Tinted Moisturizer than this before. It makes a perfect base while skin looks healthy and smooth, I have been wearing it during the fall season and I see myself wearing this spring/summer almost all the time. It adheres nicely on skin while boosts skin’s hydration levels and gives that nice radiant finish. It has been quite something that I have been reaching out to this almost everyday. For full review click here.
- Decorte Soft Crème Foundation is another nice sheer coverage foundation but buildable, I absolutely love the silky feel of this foundation. It adds a nice glow and blurs out the skin’s imperfections while doesn’t set on pore, fine lines and wrinkles. Fully reviewed here with before and after swatches.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation is one of the most amazing foundations with sheer to medium coverage. It layers beautifully while makes the skin looks flawless with a great lasting power and no flash backs. This is perfect for the days I want to feel extra with a great range of shades and tones to enhance all skins. There is a full before and after look here.
- Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation is something I tried just recently and have been so impressed with its finish and lasting powder. It feels light on skin with a super natural finish that looks like your own skin. It carries a semi matte finish which looks more natural but not dry at all, while its long lasting. Swatches of before and after are here.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Lumière Radiance-Perfecting Foundation have been a base that I feel most comfortable in, its flawless with a great coverage that looks natural while hides every thing just like your full coverage foundation. It adds a nice radiant finish on skin and I find this foundation is perfect for any one with any type of skin texture from oily – dry. Full before and after swatches are here.
Full Coverage Liquid Foundations & Bases
Up next is the bases with medium to full coverage textures with different finishes. This range is one of the most important part of my makeup, I absolutely love a good full coverage foundation for the times I need to cover everything. I do carry lots of freckles and dark spots with a bit of discoloration on my skin that I need to hide on especial occasions and events while I like to show them off on daily basis.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation is a classic and a must have foundation for me. Both concealer and foundation is a game changer in your makeup routine especially if you have a dry – combination skin. It offers medium to full buildable coverage and I absolutely love this foundation, I can wear this foundation during the day and night while feel super confident. The only downside is finding a match can be a bit tricky. I would highly suggest to make sure you personally get matched at the store and make sure to perfect it at natural lighting. Full review is here.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation is one foundations that have been along side with my from a very long time, and is one of my top picks for long lasting foundations with a flawless finish. It looks beautiful in all four season and any kind of climate. Yet it does oxidize so you may go a shade lighter. Reviewed here.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ if you’re a long time reader, then know I can swear by this base for its coverage and flawless finish while it gets me covered with all the goodness from skin care. This comes in three finishes (natural, radiant and matte), and I personally prefer wearing the matte finish for the fact that it stays longer and gives that perfect finish on my skin and it does not feel matte at all while it gives me that SPF I need through out the day. You can reach to all the reviews and swatches here.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is one of the best matte finish and full coverage foundations that I have been reaching out most often this year with a little help of skin booster and primer and it ends up flawless on my skin. It comes in great range of shades and colors to enhance all skin tones. With this foundation I don’t need to use powder to set it since it really sets on skin beautifully without smudging or smearing at all. Reviewed here.
- Armani Beauty’s Power Fabric Foundation hands down to the most-worn foundation. It offers medium to full buildable coverage and I love every thing about this foundation. For me Power Fabric has the best foundation shades and coverage. It blends easily and covers my skin exactly how I like it without getting cakey. It lasts an impressive amount of time without sliding, or creasing. It have been one of the classic and trusted foundations that have stayed with me last year. Fully reviewed here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation is the newest one I’ve tried. Its one of the most full coverage foundation that I’ve ever tried with flawless finish and it doesn’t look thick on skin. It is a little on drier side for me but it works great with a good hydrating primer or a nice booster does help a lot. I am extremely impressed with this formula. You can find the before and after and review here.
When it comes to cushion foundation, glowing skin appear to be the right description. Its one that can stay along side just like your best friend when you’re on the go. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some of the most amazing cushion foundations. When it comes to coverage cushion foundations aren’t meant to give you that full coverage look but here are couple that I found give pretty nice coverage and finish. This list will range from the most coverage to the least.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Foundation SPF 25 Foundation is one of the best you can get from the cushion foundation line. Its full coverage and gives that radiant finish that we all look for. And yet it comes with many skin care benefits along with a good amount of SPF to cover the long days. Fully reviewed here.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation is yet another formula that probably the best I tried. It gives enough coverage to hide all imperfections and give skin a super radiant finish, I actually run out of this one (you can really know how much I have loved this foundation). I absolutely love to carry this during the evening events, reviewed here.
- Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening Foundation is a super lightweight foundation that offers a sheer to medium coverage. I love that this one gives that brightening effect to the skin while you wear. This one is my favorite during the summer time, it stays well together and makes a perfect base for my by it self as well as under any other foundation as a primer. The shades range is limited but if you get to find that perfect match you’re good to go with this for a long time. Reviewed here.
- Laneige BB Cushion Hydra Radiance SPF 50 is one of the most sheer coverage base, its more like your skincare than a foundation. I love that it offers a good enough SPF for my day and keeps the skin well hydrated through out the day. This I mostly reach the days I like the no makeup look while adds that super glowing skin I need. Fully reviewed here.
I hope this round-up was helpful, finding a good base is challenging + results will vary with different skin texture as well as the weather and climate really plays a huge role on the overall finish of your base. At the moment the weather is quite drying and most of these foundation works great at this time of the year on a dry to combination skin depending on the coverage and finish you desire. For those who have been looking for a new base to try I hope this gave you some ideas on what to test for the season. Most of the bases on this post are quite new launches, I am definitely will update you all with new launches of 2020 here as well as my picks would slightly change during the summer time.