Urban Decay cosmetics just launched Born To Run collection this season. This collection consists of an Eyeshadow palette, 3 Lipsticks, 3 Pencil liners and Urban Decay’s best-selling All Nighters setting spray. The collection carries a great range of shades from soft baby pinks to deep and bold shades along with different textures. The whole collection carries a very vacay inspiring packing that covers some beautiful shots from all over the world. The collection is designed for those whose on the run, and perfect to create endless beautiful looks.
Up first is the beautiful Born To Run Eyeshadow palette (C$59) that comes in 21 shades along with a full size mirror, that makes it easy to get a full glam look while you’re on the go. This eyeshadow palette is a complete eyeshadow palette with mix of warm and cool under tone shades to create neutral looks to most dramatic eye look. The palette contains nice neutral shades to very bright and jewel tone shades that brings that pop of color where ever you need. The formula of the eyeshadows are quite soft and pigmented and blends beautifully complementing each other. I also found the shimmery shades ae more pigmented and with minimal fall out. I have always been a true lover for Urban Decay’s eyeshadow formula and yet this one is definitely one of my all time favorite, it’s truly a beautiful palette. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, the around world collage is very inspiring on creating different looks by looking at different places.
- Breakaway – a warm ivory with shimmer texture
- Starnded – a beautiful rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer
- Blaze – a light metallic peach with pink shift
- Weekender – light neutral beige in matte finish perfect to add warmth to the crease
- Still Shot – a bright peach
- Rife – brown nude matte with floating micro-shimmer
- Good As Gone – a deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer
- Hell Ride – a deep fusia with matte finish
- Baja – this is a burnt orange shade with matte texture
- Accelerate – reddish copper with metallic finish
- Guilt Trip – smoky purple with shimmer
- Ignite – rose gold in metallic finish
- Smog – a deep coppery bronze shade with shimmer texture
- Wanderlust – is a forest green with gold micro shimmer
- Wildheart – is a beautiful bright fuchsia shade
- Punk – red brown with matte finish
- Double Life – metallic rush
- Jet – a true black with deep shimmery purple shift
- Drift – charcoal satin with tonal micro sparkle
- Radio – a beautiful deep emerald satin
- Big Sky frosted green shimmer with iridescent with micro sparkles
I found the shimmery shades are more pigmented that those with matte finish. The lasting power is pretty good and you can wear them dry or wet for more pigmented finish. The fall out for the eyeshadows are minimal with amazing staying power especially with a good eyeshadow primer.
This collection also introduces three limited edition shades of Vice Lipsticks that complements the Born to Run eyeshadow palette. Each lipstick comes with totally different color scheme and with different texture. I have had used couple of shades from the Vice collection before including Backtalk and they have got some amazing texture and highly pigmented formula. The shades are quite beautiful and with a very adoring packaging.
- 66 is a beautiful rich mauve nude
- Marfa is a dark berry shade with micro shimmer
- Ready? is a bright rose shade with sparkles
The collection also comes with 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils in three fabulous shades that pairs beautifully with the Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette. These eyeshadow pencils creates neutral to very smoky and sultry eye looks. As an eye pencil lover I have tried many different color eye pencils and I must say this is one of the most amazing formulas out there. The texture of these eye pencils are cream and highly pigmented. It glides beautifully and with amazing lasting power. The formula is water-proof and smudge proof. I have always been a true lover for blue and green eyeliner and I found Over Drive really brings out the features of your eyes, it gives a nice pop of the color especially when applied on lower lashes,
- Lucky – Dark metallic copper
- Over Drive – Deep metallic green which is one of my favorite shades from the collection
- Double Life – Reddish brown metallic
Last but not least UD’s All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray in mini is a light weight setting spray that keeps your makeup looking fresh up 16 hours. This setting spray gives a long-lasting power to your makeup look while it adds freshness to the finish makeup. It keeps your foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, blush and liner stay in place even in hot humid days or on those dry cold days when you need that extra boost. The All Nighter Setting Spray comes with a very cute packaging where it fits easily in your makeup bag while you’re on the go without feeling heavy while packing.
It’s probably one of the most interesting and exciting makeup collection this year. Quality, color and performance wise this is an amazing collection. I can’t skip any of the item from the collection. I feel like there’s some think for every one to pick. The eyeshadow palette is probably one of the most exciting item from the collection. I personally love the selection of shades and textures, it is a perfect on the go palette. The Born To Run collection is now available in store and online at Sephora.
Press samples courtesy of UD cosmetics.