As promised I will share a detailed skincare post every fall and spring season – it’s when I change my skincare products for the season and I get to induce new skincare products + new tries into my skincare routine. Fall is the time of the year I pay a little more attention to bringing in intense treatments into my skincare routines such as retinol plus figuring how to layer my products mindfully to get the most from my skincare products as well as its effectiveness in keeping up with firmness, hydration and glow.
My skin has never been as good as its looks right now after a long summer and to begin my fall treatments. I personally like to keep things within the brand which I will share my mean morning and evening skincare plus a few new tricks at the end of this post.
Cleansers are the must-have part of my skincare routine (even when I miss my skincare routine). The evening is the time when I cleanse my skin. Oil and balm cleansers are always in my skincare routine especially when I wear makeup (La Prairie Supreme Balm Cleanser + Eve Lom Cleanser Balm has been my all-time favourite ones) and this season I have some new discoveries while the gentle cleanser deeply cleanses my skin as the second step (I have been using the same cleansers as before Glow Recipe’s Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser + It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleaner).
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm is a new discovery. This is a lightwight and melts into the skin like oil and feels silky. It immediatly truns into a milky emulsion once you start rinsing. I love how it removes all makeup and impuries.
- Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil is a favorite rediscoved cleasning oil that was send out to me as the packaging was crafted in Japan Collection. I have tried their entire collection (find review here) and this was one of my favorite from the collection. This is an oil cleanser with eight exquisete oils of botanical origins. It melts makeup without leaving skin dry.
* Its always the best idea to wipe your balm or oil cleanser with a cloth.
I am a by-heart essence lover when it comes to keeping up the hydration levels on my skin especially during the fall/winter months. Toner’s aren’t my thing, I only have a couple of hydrating toners that I use during the summertime. Few formulas I use and most of the time they’re in rotation in my skincare routine. Here are my top 4 favourite essences that I can swear by:
- Cle de Peau Beauty Hydro-Softening Lotion is a soothing and hydrating Essence that immediately hydrates the skin and adds plumpness to the skin. It’s one of the formulas that not only adds hydration, it adds a sublte softness to the skin.
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Advanced Youth Watery Oil been one of the formulas that i think has every thing you need to glow up your skin. Its light as water, rich as an oil and powerfull as a serum. It hydrates, plums and adds radiance to the skin. If you’re someone who’s looking for a multi-taskin facial oil this is the one you need.
- Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence is an all time favorite essence that has been featured to almost all skincare blog post. I can not trade this for its nice immediate hydrating + anti-aging purposes.
- Keihl’s Ferulic Brew Facial Treatment Essence with Lactic Acid this one is an essence + treatment to even out your skin texture, dark spots and to add radiance to the skin. I have been really impressed with this formula and has almost gone through the entire summer with this.
When it comes to treating skin concerns serums are my ultimate way to target those concerns. I have come across quite new launches that will share in a full detailed blog post while you’ll have an overview of how I am currently testing them.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Nighttime Oil just what I needed to go through these dry months. I will have a full blog post coming and I have been pairing it with the Skin Caviar Liquid Lift that gives my skin an exceptional lift and glow. Full details coming soon.
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Double R Serum is one I am holding on for the past two seasons so its extra GOOD. It has a gently peeling component as well as its a perfect anti-aging serum that visibly diminish sign of aging. It gives your skin that extra hydration you need.
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Anti-Aging Eye Lifting Serum is what I like to use to keep the under eye area hydrated + its super light weight that i can easily layer it with my other eye creams. Fully reviewed here.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum Duo is my all time favorite serum. They just reformulated the ANR serum with better version and packaging. Its proably one of the best serums that you can use to tackle all your skin concerns for a nice radiant and smooth finish skin.
- Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Bright Moisturizer is a hydrating and lightweight moisturizer that evens out the skin espeically dark spots that is powered by our 99% naturally derived Beautyberry Extract and Vitamin C. It adds a nice radiance and feels silky to the skin.
- Estee Lauder has launched their Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate that has worked insanely on my under eye area. Skin looks nourising and visibly reduces the fine lines and wrinkles. It carries just a perfect texture that keeps the area hydrated while doesn’t feel heavy at all. I love the rich texture + it doesn’t distrub the concealer or foundation when applied on top of it.
- I have just started back with retinol and the It Cosmetics Hello Results Wrinkle-Reducing Daily Retinol Serum-in-Cream is by far my favorite formula. I am using it 1X a week for smoothing and resurfacing my skin.
- I have been really impressed with U beauty’s skincare products and the Super Hydrator is one of my latest obssesions. Its a skincare product you need to add exceptional hydration and glow, what makes this serum more interesting that its an all in one formula and you see immediate results. I can literally swear by this serum.
I am very picky when it comes to Masks and Treatments I have quite some new discoveries that I have been rotating in my skincare routine. They’re all gentle on sensitive skin while boots skin’s hydration levels and offers immediate glow.
I got to try the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask a little while back which I have been using for the past couple of months and it’s a fomrula that instantly energizes immediately.
Sulwhasoo just introduced a new nourishing formula Overnight Vitalizing Mask. This is formulated with traditional Korean herbs to supply moisture and boost the skin’s natural radiance overnight. Its non-sticky and without a heavy feel and absorbs into the skin immediately.
Both formulas are performed well on dry and dehydrated skin. I do have a couple of different hydrating overnight Masks that you can find the details of here.
U beauty’s Resurfacing Compound serum has been one of the best-resurfacing serums I have used by far to treat my skin over the past couple of months. It immediately smooths and revitalizes the skin’s texture and brightens up the complexion. I have been using it only once a week.
Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Treatment Serum is something new item into my skincare routine. Vitamin C serums are essential to my skincare routine. they help with evening out my skin and add glow. It’s a serum that I use as a treatment in my morning skincare routines.
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel has been one of the all-time favourite formulas that I use once in a while. This is a two-step anti-ageing AHA/BHA peel pad pre-dosed with five acids to visibly reduce dullness and uneven texture, pores, and dark spots. Since I have very sensitive skin I use this once every 4-6 months. It’s very easy to use and works great to resurface the skin.
Dior Dreamskin Skin Perfector is the ultimate serum that I use as the last step in my skincare routine or when I need that extra boost especially under my foundation as a primer. This is one serum that I need to add an extra glow to my skincare routine.
My skincare routine is simple and I change or rotate things from time to time when I am testing new products and most of the time I try to keep them within the same brands as far as I can but here is how my skincare routine looks like right now.
Monring Skincare Routine:
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Advanced Youth Watery Oil
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Double R Serum
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Anti-Aging Eye Lifting Serum
- Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Treatment Serum
- U Beauty’s the Super Hydrator
Night Skincare Routine:
If I am wearing makeup then I use one of my oil or balm cleansers mentioned above to melt away my makeup depending on what I feel like using followed by one of my gentle cleansers using my Foreo LUNA 3 for Combination Skin (one of the best investments).
- Cle de Peau Beauty Hydro-Softening Lotion
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum Duo
- Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Bright Moisturizer
- Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Nighttime Oil
*On days I am super tired or busy that I won’t be able to take time to remove my makeup I have come with the best solution. I use my balm cleaner – wipe it with a clean cleansing cloth and then use the facial cotton pads (Shiseido has the best cotton pads) with your favourite Micellar water to clean up the rest. Skin looks fresh and literally, everything comes off.
My Friday facials are consistent with a nice hydrating mask and at the moment I am loving the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask and the Fresh Beauty’s Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask. To treat the skin’s texture I am loving the U beauty’s Resurfacing Compound followed by one of my favourite essences mentioned above and top it with It Cosmetics Hello Results Wrinkle-Reducing Daily Retinol Serum-in-Cream. I always like to finish it up with oil and currently, I am obsessed over Pure Gold Radiance Concentrate from La Prairie.
That’s a wrap for the fall/winter skincare routine. I hope you have an idea of what your skincare should look like. I am working on bringing in Friday Facial Series here on my Instagram page for you all.