We are just in full swing with spring/summer time and I thought I’d put together a roundup of some my favorite beauty and fashion items for the season. As a true believer that beautiful makeup starts with a beautiful skin, I do change my skin care regime (a full post on my spring/summer skincare routine and makeup favorites to come next). As I keep my makeup looks at the softer side especially during the day time but for spring/summer I love to add some shimmers and colors. This year I have had approach to more cream and liquid products especially for the eyes. And more stained and glossy finish with some bright shades like coral and bright pinks for the lips.
Starting with some fashion finds that I’m obsessed this season. Light pink and lilac floral outfits are almost in every shop, finding a good floral summer dress is not an easy task. For as long as I can remember I’ve been into a nice floral dress with a good length and long sleeves (I don’t wear short sleeves) and being a petite at 5’3″ its hard for me to find one that is not too long. I for ever look for classic dresses with a good length skirt and long or quarter sleeves.
Couple of dresses I found this season that the style is pretty chic and wearable for any time (day and night) includes Michael Kors Floral Chiffon Tiered Dress and Zara Floral Print Dress that are really close to my heart.
On other note I’m more gravitating towards clutches this year, since I have less things to fit in my bag (my baby turned 2 and potty trained). They have become essential for me, they pretty much hold my important cards, phone and couple of lipstick and lip liners. Both comes in different texture and looks which makes it more practical when it comes to spring/summer time. Zara Natural beaded oval crossbody bag and Lady Dior Lambskin Clutch (was purchased couple years ago but never used) are truly beautiful and finishes the look to the next level.
Last one from my fashion finds I always find white shoes to flatter the look during the spring summer time, the one I’m wearing is an older one from Aldo which is quite comfortable here is a much similar version of it. Vinyl sandals are trending every where and it adds so much glam to any kind of outfit. Zara vinyl sandals with methacrylate heels and comes in two shades black and neutral and of course I had to pick the neutral for the season.
Some of my favorite floral fragrances that are best for date nights that I can layer them easily plus some that can fit into my clutches easily includes:
- YSL Mon Paris Florale Eau de Parfum this is for those who likes something more sweet than floral. Mon Paris is always a good option, as a floral scent lover i find this to be on more fruity side than floral but you can definitely pick up some floral notes.
- Atelier Cologne Perfume Stories which comes in a limited-edition travel size for summer. This is a great way to experience the cologne perfume collection from the brand while they can easily fit into your smallest clutch.
- Moschino Toy 2 which is available exclusively online at Sephora that carries a super fresh scent with top notes of Mandarin Orange and Ambery woods. And its smells so divine and surprisingly amazing.
- Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight Parfume it’s an ultimate date night fragrance that I feel is perfect for summer nights. It’s a hard one to describe but I can smell the Black Currant, Night Blooming Jasmine which makes me think of Persian garden.
- Aerin Aegea Blossom Eau de Parfum is an other favourite, it’s probably one of the fragrances that I easily layer with any other perfume and have been one that I reach most of the times.
I hope you guys enjoy this roundup! there will be a full blog post on what I’m loving right now in skin care and makeup lately.