I am usually love to wear matte shadows during day and evening events but once a while the bling inside me pops out. Urban Decay have recently launch the new Moondust Palette (C$70 for eight 0.02 oz) beautiful sparkly new shades. I couldn’t resist these beautiful star-dust sparkly eyeshadow This eyeshadow palette takes the glitter eyeshadow to the new level, they’re highly pigmented with no chunky glitters and with wildly different color from bright beachy to dark galaxy shades. I believe this is Urban Decay’s first ever sparkily eyeshadow palette and love the fact that they’re formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates. It comes in beautiful sparkly gunmetal sleek case with mirrored cutout of Moondust logo with makes the palette stand out. It carries a nice full-size mirror which makes it easier to do touchup while on the go.
I find all glitter eyeshadows do fall out and same with these eyeshadows, and it’s not flattering at all. Applying a nice eyeshadow primer or applying face setting spray to your brush before using the eyeshadows will lock in the fall out and will give you a nice true color.
Closer look to the palette and swatches:
This palette contains:
- Specter – is a soft pink with tonal sparkle which gives a nice pinky glow to the eyes, adding this to the center of the eye really pop up the eyes and gives the eyes a 3-D dimension, I would love to use this shade to highlight the eyes like center or corner of the eyes and under the eyebrow. I find this to be on a translucent side.
- Element – is a vibrant peach with pink shift and sparkle. It carries a nice coral shade and the sparkles are golden which makes this eyeshadow very unique.
- Magnetic – again is a vibrant purple shade with blue sparkle, which creates a very flirty eyes. I personally don’t wear bright shades all be itself, I prefer adding a little warm shades on my crease helps me to incorporate bright shades.
- Lightyear – vivid, saturated green which again I find adding it to the center of the eyelid gives eyes an 3-D illusion. I would always use dark brown and black eyeshadows on the crease to balance out the shade, and creates a nice smoky eyes with a pop of colored sparkles.
- Granite – is a beautiful black with multicolored sparkle and fully pigmented which I find it more as a gray tone and on the cooler side. I feel ladies with bright complexion will rock on this shade all by it self.
- Lithium – is a nice warm brown with iridescent 3-D sparkle, would be lovely to wear it all by it self and complements all skin tones. I find this one to be more wearable during the day time.
- Vega – is a bright blue with tonal sparkle, blue shade is one of my favorite and this one definitely gives life to the blue lovers.
- Galaxy – is smoky blue-gray with iridescent 3-D sparkle and fully pigmented which is the most favorite shades in the palette. You can wear this all by it self or you can mix it with any shades from the palette with this and it would create the most stunning rebel eyes.
Overall I have been in love with this palette, especially for those who love to play with glitters. It carries all the bright and vibrant shades to dark colors with high pigment. If you’re an make up artist or some one who will be attending evening events, this palette is some thing to consider. It creates the most stunning eyes without any hard work. You can find this palette online and in store at Sephora.