Urban Decay just introduced Backtalk Eye & Face palette exclusive at Sephora for (C$59.00) Limited Edition. This is a two in one on the go palette that takes you from day-to-night easily with nice mauve, rosy and bronzy shades. The palette was inspired by Urban Decay’s bestselling, cult-favorite Vice Lipstick shade which is one of my favorite nude lipstick. The palette is double-sided and the packaging is sleek and travel friendly. It comes in a removable mirror which is very innovative and perfect when you’re on the go. The palette carries eight beautiful mauve, rose and bronzy shades that comes in different textures and four coordinating shades of blushes and highlighters. The pigment is amazing and all shades from the palette are very beautiful and designed to enhance all skin tones and textures. The shadows are formulated with the UD’s Proprietary Pigment Infusion System for a velvety pigments that blends easily and lasts for a good amount of time. I love how they can be layered easily and blends to each other beautifully.
Backtalk Eyeshadow swatches:
- 3 Sheets is a pale nude pink shade that comes in matte finish
- Bare is a nice light pinky peach shade with satin finish
- Curve is a beautiful metallic rose shimmer that comes in with silver micro glitters, perfect to be added to your eye lid
- Backtalk is a pretty soft rosy mauve shade with matte finish texture
- Shade is a deep fuchsia color with satin finish
- Attitude is a metallic red copper shade
- WTF is a nice brown shade with warm undertone and comes in matte finish
- 180 is a beautiful metallic brown red color
Backtalk blush and highlighting swatches:
- Cheap Shot is a beautiful medium pink nude blush shade with satin finish
- Double Take is a nice rich mauve color with slightly shimmery finish
- Low Key is a beautiful pink peach shade with fine shimmers
- Party Foul is a light pink nude shimmer
The Backtalk eye and face palette is a perfect go anywhere palette with a combination of warm and nude shades that can create many different looks from nice pinky and romantic eyes to very bold and dramatic night looks easily. You can use the highlighters to pop out the under brow area as well. I love how the blush and highlighters can be layered to get that 3D effect. You can also wear the shadows dry for a nice and subtle look or wet for more bold and intense look. I have been using the Quick Fix priming spray reviewed here to wet my brush for more intensely eye look.
Overall a great palette with beautiful and a great selection of shades for eyes and face. There are different textures to play and can create many day and night looks easily. The UD’s eyeshadow formula is always on point without any fall outs. I love how it’s packed with a removable mirror for quick fix while you’re on the go. You can never go wrong creating a look with using the shades from the palette for eyes and face, and for sure the Backtalk lipstick goes very well no matter what kind of eye makeup you create with the palette. You can find the Backtalk palette in store and online at Sephora and Urban Decay.
Backtalk Eye and Face palette was provided by Urban Decay Cosmetics along with Backtalk Vice lipstick for editorial purposes.