The weather has finally changed. It’s the time to change and simplify your skincare routine if you haven’t yet. I find as the weather gets warmer I have to replace many of my thick-texture skincare products with lightweight formulas but I keep with my layering process. My skin has changed so much for the past couple of years as I have really been consistent with my skincare routine and never neglige on the layering process. My dark spots do get quite deep during the summertime so I have to make sure I use good brightening products to keep them as bright as I can.
I also find myself wearing less makeup and foundation as I grow or my skin looks better than before. Sharing my current skincare routine with you guys as well as some of the new skincare launches that I’ve been really enjoying.
I am super excited to share the newest additions from U Beauty The RETURN Eye Concentrate & Resurfacing Body Component. Nothing makes me happier to find eye care & body care products from brands I truly love.
The new The RETURN Eye Concentrate is a complete contouring eye treatment that helps with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as puffiness and dark circles. I love how the product feels on the skin, it’s light yet rich adds immediate hydration and glows while it doesn’t interfere with makeup. The formula is infused with peptides, antioxidants, beta-glucans, and pure diamond powder. It adds immediate hydration while it’s super lightweight along with a glowing finish.
The new Resurfacing Body Component is a breakthrough body exfoliant for smooth skin free of visible irregularities. I love how this sounds and feels on the skin, this new formula is engineered to improve the skin’s natural desquamation process, it optimizes average skin turnover and helps refine skin texture, while visibly reducing wrinkles and uniforming body skin. I find this is something you need in your shower as you need to use it regularly to get that soft and smooth finish skin.
I’ve been really enjoying U Beauty’s skin care products for the fact that you see their effects right away on your skin. I’ve linked some of the best skincare products from the brand below and you can find their reviews on the blog in case you need an overview of how these products work.
Shop My favourites
L’Occitane just introduced a new addition to their skincare line Reine Blanche which consists of Reine Blanche Targeted Dark Spot Night Care Serum and Reine Blanche Cream Brightening Moisturizer along with Reine Blanche Cleansing Foam and Reine Blanche face mask. I was super excited to get my hands on the mean items such as Reine Blanche Targeted Dark Spot Night Care Serum and Moisturizer. The line is designed to enhance skin’s luminosity and even out the skin especially dark spots.
The formula is gentle and feels light on the skin. I absolutely adore the brand, I have tested quite some products from them and I find they carry the most gentle and effective skincare products. linking some of the things I’ve tried for you guys.
Shop My favourites
Glow Recipe just launched Watermelon Glow AHA Pink Dream Body Cream & Strawberry BHA Pore-Smooth Blur Drops. Glow Recipe always is at the top of what they launch and offer for their customers and I absolutely adore them.
Watermelon Glow AHA Pink Dream Body Cream is a soft and smooth feel body cream that is lightweight and dries down quickly. The formula is infused with Hibiscus AHA that gently exfoliates the skin to reduce the appearance of uneven tone. I love the feel, and the smell is divine.
the new Strawberry BHA Pore-Smooth Blur Drops is an all-in-one silicone-free primer and serum that immediately blurs out the skin and refines pores for smoother finish skin. The product is designed for all skin types yet mainly for normal to oily skin textures. It’s a perfect base for foundation, especially during the summertime. You can wear it alone to add a soft focus and blurring effect or prep the skin before makeup application, I find it adds more grip to the foundation so it lasts longer and doesn’t look too glowy. The packaging is quite cute and makes it easy to use while on the go.
They’ve also introduced their viral Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops in the mini version which is my all-time favourite to prep the skin for my makeup looks.
You can pre the skin with these skincare goodies or mix them with your foundation to create a customized finish for your makeup looks. I’ve been enjoying both – the Dew Drops for dry months and the Blur Drop for hot humid days.
Shop My favourites
Kiehl’s just introduced a new addition Ultra Facial Advanced Repair Barrier Cream. This is an intensive barrier cream that is great for soothing dry skin, especially during these harsh winter months. It is a formula that helps with hydrating the skin’s barrier and helps reduce the redness that is due to dryness. It is designed for all skin textures and is very easy to introduce into your skincare routine. The texture is vibrant but gets into the skin immediately without feeling heavy at all. If you have dry and sensitive skin this is a great formula. Especially if you use retinol or any other intense treatment in your skincare routine. Linking a few of my favourites from the brand here for you.
Shop My favourites
KORRS, CLINIQUE & jOUVIANCE
I’ve been testing a few items from Korrs from their Santorini Grape collection – Santorini Grape Poreless Skin Cream
A couple of things I’ve been testing from Clinique Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Moisturizer, and Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate as well as their Take The Day Off Charcoal Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover and they are performing so well. I and my hubby used up the last drops of Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Moisturizer. It’s lightweight and as it claims to supercharge the skin – it really meets up its claim. It’s super hydrating and instantly quenches dehydrated skin. and the same goes for the eye cream.
Jouviace is very close to my heart as a brand and happy to find the new Restructiv Vitamine C Serum. This is formulated with a 20% concentration of pure vitamin C which is the highest amount you can use to see the results. Suppose you haven’t tried any vitamin C serum before I would recommend starting with the lowest amount of the product to see its effect on your skin and then maximize its use over time. The serum helps the skin brighten any sun spots and stimulates collagen production overnight.
Shop My favourites
Morning Skincare Routine:
- I start with Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence which I find immediately nourishes my skin plus offers calming and soothing feel right in the morning.
- I have been layering my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serums – it has been working incredibly on my skin, especially on my fine lines around the eye area as well adds extra plumpness. Here is what I”ve been alternating.
- Fenty Skin Watch Ya Tone 5% Niacinamide Dark Spot Serum with Vitamin C to add radiance and help brighten up the complexion.
- Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Serum This is my holy grail skincare product that does everything for me. I am OBSESSED!!
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Double R Serum is one I have been using since I got my hands on and it has a very soft peeling effect and creates the look of new skin by supporting the skin’s natural renewal cycle. It’s a kind of serum that I would use as itself as this one carries two different serums. It’s a ready-made cocktail for your skin.
- I have also been really enjoying Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Gel-Cream and U Beauty The RETURN Eye Concentrate both have a very nice texture not too heavy but enough hydration to get you through the day and the foundation + concealer goes well on top of it.
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Sunscreen is a must-have, especially for the summer season. I have never been impressed with any other skincare products than this one. It protects and adds extra glow to the skin. I have found another Sunscreen that if not better is as good as this one in the upcoming Sunscreen post.
Night Skincare Routine:
- On days I wear makeup I keep my double cleansing with the Clinique Take The Day Of Charcoal Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover which I’ve recently started using and is so good!! It melts off all stubborn makeup.
- The Origins Checks and Balance Frothy Face Wash (it’s so good!) & Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser are quite nice for summertime. Nightly I like to do my cleansing process with Clinique Take The Day Of Charcoal Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanse.
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate in spray form is my favourite to awaken my skin and prep it for my skincare products.
- On days I don’t use Retinol I treat my dark spots with the new Reine Blanche Targeted Dark Spot Night Care Serum, followed by the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Treatment and have seen huge results within two weeks.
- Depending on the weather I use the Guerlain Abeille Royale Anti-Aging Eye Lifting Serum + Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream which is one of my favourite formulas to keep the under-eye area well hydrated.
- My retinol routine consists of La Prairie Skin Caviar Retinol Oil & It Cosmetics Hello Results Wrinkle-Reducing Daily Retinol Serum-in-Cream is my favourite to use at night time. I do mix both products with Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil or I like to use the La Prairie’s Pure Gold Radiance Concentrate Oil.
- Finishing with the Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream.
Every Friday I do change my facial products but here is a quick peek at what steps I use.
- Just rediscovered my Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil in its Limited Edition. I have a full review of the entire collection here. But love to use oil cleansers on my Friday facials.
- Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser is my favourite at the moment.
- To add glow and remove any dead skin cells from my skin right now I use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask or Ole Henriksen’s PHAT Glow Facial Mask to immediately treat my skin.
- Have been loving the U beauty Resurfacing Compound I will have some of their product put out in full review soon. All I can say right now is I am IMPRESSED!!
- Finishing it off with Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream from Shiseido.