I get asked frequently how I do my signature curls with so much volume and that looks effortless. It’s a two-step process I go through depending on how I want to look for the week. I use my One step Blow dryer to dress the look down for every day or use my curler to add nice waves as a second step to dress it up for the weekends. The look lasts for a few days when you start with fresh hair.
What you will need:
- Hair protactant (I am loving the Izumi Tonic Hair Treatment & Kérastase – Genesis Strengthening Blow Dry Primer)
- Blow dryer HOT TOOLS Pro Signature Detachable One Step Volumizer and Hair Dryer, 2.8 inch Barrel
- Curler, here is what I love to use – HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Extra Long Curling Iron/Wand with Heat Resistant Mat, 1-1/4″
- A wide-toothed comb I love my Dyson comb but you can use any of your favorite one
- Hair heat protactant oil (ones I like are Oribe – Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil & Moroccanoil – Moroccanoil Treatment)
- Hair spray (I like to use the Pureology – Style + Protect Texture Finishing Spray or OSiS+ SESSION LABEL Smooth Strong Hairspray)
Check out my reel below for a quick tutorial.
Then I divide my hair into a top crown section and the under-layer. I use my HOT TOOLS Pro Signature Detachable One-Step Volumizer and Hair Dryer to straighten my hair without losing the volume. Again I divide my hair into a top crown section and the under-layer, this is so I can curl my bottom layer first and top layer second using the HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Extra Long Curling Iron/Wand with Heat Resistant Mat, 1-1/4″. The secret is to hold your wand down, angling from the top of your head to your shoulder. I also spiral the curl away from my face, holding for 10 seconds.
Spiral and wrap your section of hair around the wand to start your curl. (I hold the hair tip/end out and away from the heat so I don’t get that little curly-cue effect.)
I let each of them cool and set before I add my finishing oil and brush them out. I have lots of flyaways so I use a nice firm hold Hair Spray by applying it into the balm of my hand and then going over them so I finish it without weighing it down.
This look lasts a few days nicely.