The Clarins Sunkissed Summer 2016 Make-up Collection launched a few weeks ago and it features mostly some beautiful bronzed shades for a summer theme and the neutral-beauty lover in me is beyond thrilled. I received a few press samples from Clarins Group team to review which I am sharing with you all. This collection mostly carries the traditional bright, soft and bronze shades we see for summer collections, and love how you can wear these shades all year round. Colors featured above include:
- Bronzing Powder & Blush C$42 Limited Edition bronzing & blush compact is a multi-purpose contouring, bronzing and blushing kit for a golden complexion. This palette carries all nice warm tones to sculpt the face into perfection. There are two matte finish powders for contouring purposes which covers all skin tones and one shimmered bronzing powder with little golden sparkles to give a perfect summer glow to the skin. It carries a soft peach matte finish blush in the center of the palette where it brings every thing together. The texture of these powders are soft, bendable and buildable. It comes in a beautiful and exquisite amber mirror case.
- Shimmery Eyes C$24 Limited Edition waterproof eyeshadow is a cream eyeshadow with creamy and velvety texture. It literally melts into the skin and carries a pearly finish. They come in four different shades:
1. Gold Peace – which is a nice warm rose gold shade, with some silver metallic finish.
2. Golden Sand – is a nice military golden shade with gold metallic finish, this one is my favorite of all.
3. Sliver Taupe – is a beautiful taupe shade with silver metallic finish
4. Copper Brown – is a brown shade with red under tone and golden metallic finish.
I loved how it is waterproof which means it’s perfect to wear while you’re in the pool or beach side. They come in tube packages, where it’s easy to controls the amount as well as the product is well sealed for maximum moist. It’s very easy to apply to the eyelid using the syntactic brush or your finger tips would work as good as a brush. For me I love cream eyeshadow as my base primer for eyeshadow, it works amazing! it creates a strong base for your powder eyeshadow, and it make it last longer. I also tried it alone and it gives a very natural finish to the eyelids. The lasting powder is great, for me it lasted all day long by itself as well as it give me strong hold for my powder eyeshadow.
Color Tattoo Crayon in Bronze Truffle-Maybelline (reviewed here)
Color Tattoo Crayon in Creamy Chocolate-Maybelline (reviewed here)
Naked Palette 1 in Smog– Urban Decay
Naked Palette 1 in Toasted – Urban Decay
- Set Your Make-Up Fix’ Make-up C$30 for 50ml is an oil free and non-sticky mist which helps the make-up to last all day long without any touch-ups. It’s also meant to bright up the colors and enhance the complexion. The Fix’ Make-up comes in a beautiful red ombre effect glass spray bottle to easily spray over the face for a perfect finish. I felt in love with the packaging since it has a perfect size to carry while you’re on the go, fits into the bag easily and adds a lux look to your vanity. The mist leaves skin luminous and refreshes the skin by keeping the complexion well hydrated. It is enriched with Aloe Vera and Allantoin, which are well-known for hydrating and soothing the skin. I loved how it’s fragrance with grapefruit extract and organic rose floral water for a fabulous feeling.
- Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Shimmer C$20 Limited Edition is a gel finished lip gloss which comes in 3 new shades: Pink Shimmer, Orange Shimmer and Red Shimmer all limited edition with high shine. These Lip glosses are enriched with shea butter which treats and hydrates lips while wearing. The texture is smooth with translucent and natural finish. It comes with a cushioned squeezed tip so you can really control the amount plus the cushion gives a smooth feeling with applying to the lips with a perfect finish. The Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Shimmer feels light on the lips with little and it does create a fuller lip illusion when it’s applied to the center of the lips.
- Sun Care Milk-Lotion Spray SPF 20 C$30 for 150 ml is a non-greasy, non-sticky and water-resistant sun lotion. I have been a lover of the Clarins Sunscreen from a long time. I love how they use natural ingredients like Aloe which is known to heal the skin with no time. If any time you have any kind of burns just cut a fresh Aloe get the sticky liquid from inside and apply you will be amazed on how it literally works in no time plus it doesn’t leave the spots behind. What I find with this Sun Care Milk-Lotion that you don’t feel sticky or greasy and nor smelly at all not like other sun care products, to be honest I haven’t found any sunscreen yet that have a non sticky feeling except the ones from Clarins and the smell was always a big concern for me and my kids (they don’t like the smell at all), the Sun Care Milk- Lotion also comes for kids where it is easy to apply with spray application plus it is 100% mineral screen with high protection of 50+. This one also carries SPF 20 which is a good amount to protect your skin from harsh sun rays. Loved the spray applying technique since it’s easy to cover larger parts of the body, and for face you can spray the desired amount to the balm or finger tips and apply to face avoiding the eyes. I wouldn’t suggest to spray it on face since it you would be easily inhale the product, even with little ones always make sure there is no wind while you’re spraying the product onto their body since it’s very easy to inhale the product and I think it is very dangerous.Over all a huge thumbs up for this summer collection from Clarins. I love the Bronzing and Blushing kit since you can get every thing in just one palette and with perfect combination to give you a golden bronzed look while to carry any where with you. Cream eyeshadow are my weak point where it’s a perfect base for my powder eyeshadow for some bold and smoked night eyes or use it all alone for a natural day time look. The Fix’ Make-up gives a dewy finish to your complexion plus gives life to the make-up by lasting all day long. Last but not least I have been in search of a nice light weight sunscreen to protect my skin from hash sun rays during the summer time and I think this is my final destination, Sun Care Milk-Lotion is light and love who it’s easy to spray it on legs and arms with no time with no greasy or sticky feeling at all. You can find these products at all department stores, pharmacies as well as it is available online at Clarins.com.