The Essential Palette is back with a new look and new shades this holiday season. Clarins just introduced the Essentials Palette (C$62.00 Limited Edition) this Holiday season with beautiful and winter tones hues. The palette carries 10 beautiful shades with four different textures which includes: 5 pearl finish shades, 1 silvery diamond, 3 satin finish shades and 1 matte shade. The palette is absolutely stunning with some quite cool toned icy shades giving a twist to some of the popular eyeshadow palettes out in the market right now. I found this year there were quite some warm tone eyeshadow palettes from many brands and yet I found this Essential palette be a little different from them. At the same time it’s totally different from what last year’s Essential palette looked like in terms of packaging, colors and tones.I have been a long time lover for Clarins eyeshadow formulas – they’re pigmented with a soft and comfortable texture. Clarins eyeshadows are enriched with minerals and plant extracts for a silky texture. You can layer them and blend them easily without any fall outs. This comes in a rectangular mirrored compact which is designed to reuse the compact. The shadow appear to be the same size as the old Essential palette and the shadows are arranged from lightest to darkest. This Palette includes:
Starting from left to right:
- Pure White Pearl – which is perfect to highlight the brow bone or inner corner of the eyes
- Matte taupe Grey – a perfect shade to warm up with crease or to create a good base for layering
- Satiny Light Blue – this also can be used to highlight the lied or corner of the eyes
- Sky Blue with touches of Blue and Silver – this gives a subtle and nice glow on top of any shades
- Super Shimmer Silver – this is one of the prettiest shades in the palette, if any on likes sparkles this would be one of the favorite shades for them
- Satiny Dark Grey – a nice dark grey that can be worn during the day without looking too much
- Electric Blue Shimmer – this is a beautiful and stunning blue shades for that pop of color
- Satiny Sapphire Blue – again a very wearable shade during the day and night
- Navy Blue with Pearls – this is one of the shades that brings the palette to live. You can really pick up on the pearls and it looks pretty on the lid, crease or even going over the lash line for that extra definition to the eyes
- Silver Studded Shimmery Black – a beautiful dark black with silver studs which stands out
The shades carries that blue and purple shades and tones, while I found #2 (Matte taupe Grey) to be perfect to warm up the crease. You can create many different and beautiful day, night and party perfect eye looks with this palette. The Essential Palette comes with a nice guide for a perfect eye look application. I found you can create some beautiful smoky and dramatic eye looks with all those dark navy and black shades. I personally love the smoky eye look especially with these shades and tones, I can’t wait to wear them.
I love you can wear them wet and dry, dry for more natural and blended look and wet for a dramatic look. There are quite some fall outs from some of the sparkly shades where if you use them wet – especially using a setting face spray, there are no fall outs at all. And also I found since the shimmers are pretty fine, the fall out didn’t bother me at all, it’s easy to clean up or a good layer of concealer would do the work.
It’s definitely a pure love for me, and if you’re still looking for that last-minute gift for any girl in the house for New Years evening then look no further. This is an absolute beautiful and a must have eyeshadow palette. It carries all neutral and shades from light to dark to enhance any eyes and all year-long. This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes I received this year. You can find the Essential Palette exclusively at Hudson’s Bay or Clarins.com.
The Essential palette sent courtesy of Clarins for editorial purposes.