Summer season is in full swing and we all want that glow. The highlighter trend is still quite strong but slightly fading on its natural side. There are quite some new launches that are happening right now but I have a list of my all-time favorite glowing products alongside some new highlighters that will make you glow all year long. These glowing products are used to give you that overall glow that you can wear under and over your foundation easily.
When choosing a highlighter there are quite some factors you need to consider. Skin texture is one of the most important parts that play a huge role in how it will stand on your skin. Many with large pores and oily skin can’t handle cream and liquid highlighters rather something that will turn into a powder finish will give you that flawless finish. Yet dry to normal skin would prefer cream since it doesn’t emphasize fine lines and wrinkles.
You do need to know your skin tone, many will turn peachy or bronzy on lighter skin tones or darker skin tones will experience a more frosty finish which is not flattering at all.
Today’s roundup consists of soft creamy textured highlighters along with some that feel like powder and don’t set on skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Beauty Highlighter Wand is a nice hydrating and super lightweight highlighter with a creamy texture, yet it’s loaded with pigment. Although it does look quite frosty, once it’s blended it really saddles down to a more natural finish. You have full control of its intensity. It comes in three different shades to cover all skin tones and I find Spotlight is a perfect rosy gold highlighter and it’s my skin tone.
- Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Soft Light Liquid Highlighter is a lightweight liquid highlighter with no shimmers that will give your skin a luminous finish. You can easily wear it under or over your foundation or on bare skin for a nice glow. It comes in four shades and each really carries a different tone. I have been in love with Pink Pearl, it slightly gives me that pinky glow with my pinky looks.
- Fresh Beauty Instant Glow Luminizer is my all-time favorite. You might have heard me about this all the time. It comes in only two shades of starlight which is a nice bright and frosty glow but still on the natural side yet I find the Sunset glow gives that perfect natural golden glow. I love how it sets nicely one skin and doesn’t’ move at all. I love to wear this one all year long.
- YSL Beauty Touche Éclat Shimmer Stick this one is a classic highlighter, that I think everyone should own. It’s stick yet super lightweight, with amazing lasting power. It comes in four shades with different golden undertones. Light Gold is my favorite, it adds a nice glow and very easy to use all over the body. It does meltdown one skin and gives that glow that comes from within.
- Shiseido Aura Dew Highlighter is an amazing feather-light cream highlighter with fine sparkling shimmers that dries to a powder. It doesn’t add any kind of texture to the skin. It comes in three shades and I absolutely love it in the Solar shade that gives that nice golden finish. You can easily add it on top of any other highlighter to add more shimmers while it’s really beautiful by itself.
Here is side to side comparable swatches:
I hope this summer glow edit was helpful, as many of you know I’m all about glowing skin regardless of the season. I don’t like that muddy and thick texture highlighter look at all. Blending them right is another way to make them look natural and flawless and keeping the glow on the right spot (cheekbones, and top of brow bone) will make a huge difference in your overall look. These are some of my favorite cream/liquid highlighters that I have been reaching out to mostly.