As we’re transitioning to fall season there is a shift in my makeup mood, I tend to get to bolder in all terms. At the moment I’m looking forward to some new launches and beauty trends that will show off for the fall season. I have got the feeling the sparkle and glitter trend is still going on strong, as well as I find the red color is an “It” color for the season when it comes makeup. I think you can really go for the “it color red” this season and I promise you’ll not regret at all. For me just swiping my lip color to deeper mauves and brick reds gives me all new look and will take me through the winter time. I also swipe out my neutral and pink nail lacquers to deep plums and burgundy colors which gives me fall vibe but I wouldn’t let go of my clean ivory-white nail color by any season.
This post will cover every thing that will need a slight shift from summer to fall for lips, eyes, nails and fragrance as well some home fragrance scents that will bring a cozy fall mood in to your life.
Starting up with eyes recommendations, I’m personally all over smoky eyes with thick lashes or soft eye look with thick winged liner. There are quite some newly launches of eye shadow palettes that I’m all over them at the moment. I find they’re incorporated with fall shades that are really flattering on all skin tones and creates both soft and dramatic smoky eyes easily. Both Charlotte Tilbury’s Luxury Eye Palette in Pillow Talk Pop and Shiseido’s Essential Eye palette in Cat Street Pops are beautiful palettes with great range of nice plum shades and some nice shimmers. These work well as an easy all over eye looks for day and night. Mascara wise I have raved about the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara + Prime. It offers volume and holds the curls while the primer really thickens the lashes for most dramatic look. It have a nice fluffy brush which grabs all my lashes and coats them evenly. The Kat Von D Go Big or Go Home Mascara is a huge hit, it offers an extreme volume and is smudge resistant. Full reviewed will be followed by this post. And for that perfect jet black wing Couture Eyeliner from YSL Beauty is an absolutely amazing liner which is a new find that I’m obsessed over it.
For lips since everyone has a different interest and preference for lipsticks, I have a wide range from light to deep with different textures that I love to wear during the season. I do not carry them all in my bag except the new YSL Beauty in Rouge Libre is always in my bag but time to time I know where to reach for the season. I’ve categorized them in two-part.
Bold and Red Plums:
- Nars Iconic in Jolie Mome is a beautiful mauve red plum which I have been wearing it with soft makeup looks.
- YSL Beauty’s in Rouge Libre is a nice deep bright red that gives a nice blurred illusion, it have been in my on the go bag I can literally swipe this for any kind of look.
- L’Absolu Rouge Ruby in Ruby Queen is a beautiful brick-red shade that pick up my mood
- Dior Rouge Liquid in Hectic Matte is a gorgeous dark purple that gives me that bold look while I feel so comfortable
Nice and Beautiful Mauves:
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 in Glowing Jen is a medium warm soft rose shade
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Back Talk this is one perfect mauve nude pink that you can’t go wrong any time
- Dior Rouge in Hypnotic Matte is a nice rosewood shade that looks absolutely beautiful with smoky eyes
- Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Lipstick in Cold Pink is yet another favorite mauve shade with a slightly pink undertone
- Loreal Rouge Signature in I rule this gives a nice blurred lip look with a deeper mauve shade
- Rodial Collagen Boost Lip Lacquer in Bea Berry is a super hydrating pink mauve with a nice glossy finish
For nails I always go for deeper and darker polishes yet this year I find White and Black is the “it” polish color. I feel both shades are quite classic and you can’t go wrong with them and really goes well with all fall makeup looks and outfits. I personally have been falling in love with a deeper dark plum shades, as well as dark navy blue which I spotted from Loreal in Bleu Royal. I absolutely adore the clean half white look of the nails all year-long. Yet at the same time you can get more creative by mix and match them.
Last but no least are a few fragrances that I have been reaching out this season for me as well as for home. These are just some that I have been reaching out to them the most for the last couple of weeks. Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume (Limited Edition) is a scent really fresh and fruity at the same time, it’s a one that makes me happy and feel fresh. YSL Beauty’s Libre Eau De Parfum is yet another one that lately I have been reaching out especially for date nights or any other evening occasions. It’s a nice warm floral scent that really blends in with my body chemistry.
Fall and winter is the time that I really love to make my home look and feel cozy with lighting up a nice candle, for the season I have been loving Nest Fragrance’s Pumpkin Chai Candles and Reed diffuser. They defiantly elevate my mood and brings that seasonal feelings. This is the best home scent that I have found in terms of scent and quality.
Do you change your makeup bag seasonally? what colors and scents are you wearing right now? I always keep my signature look while I add some seasonal shades and colors each season.