It’s been a year since I organized my kitchen cabinets and fridge yet spring cleaning is one of the most important ways to organize and optimize your kitchen cabinets and storage. It’s a great way to find if there are things that needs a replacement like most items that get expired or are no longer good to use.
It all started when I was gazing at some nice super-organized kitchens on social media about last year when the lockdown started and wanted to turn mine into them, although my kitchen always looked clean and organized but not Pinteresty organized. I found that all you need is a little time to look for inspiration! I have been looking into my Pinterest page and some creators made me wow. It really doesn’t matter if you have a kitchen small or big, old or new – you can work on it and make everything look nice.
Just 3 points that you need to make your kitchen look nice and organized:
- Clean out everything
- Buy organizers
- Organize by shelves and bins
The best way to easily store/access my food container lids is to place them inside an organizer bin. It has made my life so much easier to keep them in one place. At the same time, I finally got to label my jars from a Canadian-owned business women Modern Minimalist Spice. The whole process was smooth and easy to order with an amazing price.
A quick look at how it looks virtually here:
We had our minds set on a purchase of a new fridge for quite some time but what has been going on regarding COVID made us wait. We owned the Kenmore Refrigerator for more than 10 years now and it was definitely a good choice. Just last year we find that we needed to replace the fridge for some technical issues that it showed up.
We finally decided to purchase the Samsung Stainless Steel 36″ Wide French Door Refrigerator from Leon’s. We had limited options because we had to keep in mind that we have a custom built-in fridge cabinet in our kitchen.
I absolutely love the clean and sleek look of it and most importantly the inside space that really impressed me.
Here are a few things you need to create & keep the space clean and tidy:
- Clean out your fridge every time you shop for groceries especially if you’re are a family of more than 3 or 4. It plays a huge difference not only in the look of your fridge but you also get to see or use the leftover items that are setting in there before it gets rotten.
- Buy organizers and before you do make sure to measure your fridge so you have that nice and clean fitted look. There are quite different organizers – it really is in your hands on how you want to organize.
- Organize by shelves and bins. It’s really important to know how to place them in the fridge so they stay fresh and last longer. Fruits and Veggies go at the very bottom so want them nice and crisp. Since we eat lots of veggies and fruits I decided to dedicate the lower drawers to veggies and the lower-middle section to fruits.
- The two top section leaves in for eggs, milk and leftover food, yogurts, cheese and drinks.
Quick reels shared my stories on how I set up my fridge.
I hope you find this post helpful. The entire process took me some time to establish but once everything is all set, you really going to enjoy the clean & organized look. I linked everything you need for kitchen organization in this post.