I am a huge smokey eye lover, especially black. It is not only a very classic and sophisticated look, it’s a perfect look for hooded eyes. I was super excited to see Chanel’s Summer 2022 looks are within my zone. channel beauty showcased two different looks for Spring/Summer 2021, one fresh bronzy look and the second look is all about bold glamorous smokey eyes. I love to wear easy bronzy eye looks during the summertime which I’ve already created on my Instagram reels, linking below with all the products I used to achieve the look.
Today I am recreating the bold smokey wearable eyes and fresh skin look with some of my favourite products. I will share 3 of my favourite product in each category to create the look with, to make it easy for you to use products you already own in your makeup vanity.
Since the look is very fresh and radiant, I love to start with a glowing primer to achieve that extra glow. It not only keeps skin looking radiant throughout the day it also keeps the skin well hydrated and keeps the foundation in place. Here are my favourite glowing primers that I use to make my skin glow.
- Olivia Palermo Prim Time Illuminating Serum
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter
- Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Illuminating Primer
Base & Concealer
To start with the base I like to use a corrector, especially under the eye is to even out the skin. That’s the only way I can manage my under-eye circles. I used Cle de Peau Beaute’s Iconic Concealer in Orcher. Keeping the complexion fresh, dewy with no contouring at all and to start for the base, I used Armani’s Luminous Silk Foundation in shade #3, although it looks really light for my skin tone the foundation starts to oxidize two shades darker. I will not use a powder since want to keep it as dewy and fresh as possible. For more coverage in parts I need I am using a radiant concealer just to cover more while it still looks fresh. List my favourite products below.
- Cle de Peau Beaute Iconic Concealer in Orcher
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer in Bisque Warm
- NARS Radiant Creamy Liquid Color Corrector in Medium
- Armani Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Foundation in #3
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Salzburg
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Glow Foundation in N250
- Cle de Peau Beaute Radiant Corrector Conealer in Almond
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in
Eye Shadows, Mascaras & liners
For eyes where the most drama is, you want to make sure you keep in place your black eyeshadow. Black eyeshadow can easily smear out and can look very dirty especially when it is for a day look. You want to use a good primer + a good pencil liner as a base to keep the look well put together. I used the Shiseido Kajal Ink Artist Shadow, Liner, Brow in black to create a base for my black eyeshadow, it’s long-lasting and doesn’t smudge or smear throughout the wear. I love my Marc Jacobs Eyeshadow palette but this isn’t available anymore so shared a few of my favourite eyeshadow palettes that carry a good black shadow.
To create the look, start with lining your eyes with a thick pencil liner and follow with shading the entire crease with a pale nude shade to make it easy to blend the black shadow. Now you can start using your black shadow starting closer to the lash line and blending more towards the crease. Build the shade till you’re feeling more comfortable. Try lining your eyes with a thicker black liner creating a nice thick wing and finish it off with mascara.
Pencil Base Liner:
- Lancôme LE STYLO WATERPROOF – Long Lasting Eyeliner in black
- Shiseido Kajal Ink Artist Shadow, Liner, Brow in black
- M.A.C Cosmetics Pro Longwear Eye Liner in black
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Easy Eyeshadow Palette
- M.A.C Cosmetics Semi-Sweet Times Nine Eye Shadow Palette
- Buxom Ash K Holm Eyeshadow Palette
- Estee Lauder Little Black Liner
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
- NARS Climax Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Volumizing & Lenthing Mascara:
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara
- Benefit BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara
As thicker and fuller brows trend, here are a few of my favourite items that I love to use to create that illusion.
- Benefi Precisely to define the brows and love how its long lasting.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Micro Universal Defining Eyebrow Pencil to define the brows and easy to use.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Filler Volumizing Tinted Fiber Eyebrow Gel keeps my brows in place with giving my brows a nice tint.
- Diorshow Pump ‘N’ Brow is all in one brow product that i like to use when i have no time.
As mentioned the look is fresh and with no trace of contouring. I used the Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Cream Blush in Watermelon Marg to create a light pink look with a radiant finish. I also didn’t use any more highlighters since I didn’t want to create a frosty finish to the look.
- Dior BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Nudegasm Bronze, Sculpt & Glow Face Palette
- Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Cream Blush
Last but not least for lips I am a huge lover of YSL lipsticks and I used the Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick to give this looks that pinky fresh finish it deserves. I’ve listed some of my favourite shades below that I love to wear and can complete the look.
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in Nude Lingerie
- Armani Ecstasy Mirror High Shine in beyond
- Nars Audacious Lipstick in Raquel