This is one of the last reviews on Fall 2016 collections and I think there is not better way to finish it with Burberry’s Runway Collection. Burberry have launched their Runway Collection Fall 2016 this September. This time Burberry have come up with lots of shimmer and glitter in the collection where you can get a hint of holiday just right in the fall season by so much bling. Today I’m reviewing:
- The Runway Palette – Limited Edition (C$72 for the palette) This is an illuminating powder for the face and eyes. It comes with an exquisite intricate design and embellished nature details which was inspired by the floral embroidery from the Burberry Womenswear runway show in February. The powder is a gorgeous mix of gold, beige and silver and on the skin it creates the most amazing glow effect. This illuminating powder is infused with micro pearls that can be used as a highlighter to illuminate the skin – it gives a perfect glow from within that isn’t too subtle and isn’t too frosty. The deep beige shade does give skin a color, or I would say a nice bronzing glow. Meanwhile there are some Golden and Silver Glitters in the palette which is light reflecting and created a nice dimension to the complexion. I find this illuminator pretty versatile that can be used for all skin tones, on me it’s a stunning golden and silvery (hard to describe but both gold and silver pearls are noticeable) highlighter with a bit of color.
It comes in a nice square full mirrored compact and finished with the brands touches at the exterior of the case. The compact comes into a nice black velvet cover with brands logo print and along cones three different mini size applicator which makes this palette more glamorous. I love it and a definite must for Highlighter lovers – keeping in mind it’s a limited edition if you’re interested I would recommend to get it sooner than later.
- Nail Polish Colours – Limited Edition in Gold and Silver Glitter is a beautiful nail collection, with high shine and distinctive shades. These Nail polishes are infused with fine glitters and supper shiny. I personally love to wear glitters on top of my nail polishes as an accent but you can definitely can wear it alone or layering it over nude polish for intense finish. I personally wear glitters just during holiday season or just to an event, I just think it’s a little too chunky for every day wear. But I will be playing with these in next few months.
- Lip Velvet Lipstick in Nude Apricot and Damson ($38 each) – This is a creamy lipstick, non-drying soft matte lipstick. The texture is very smooth with a velvety finish, it glides on effortlessly and with very rich pigment. You can get a true color with just couple of swipes and lasting power is amazing. It lasts pretty good amount of time on my lips and you can get a color within you. I love how both shades are supper flattering on all skin tones and pretty versatile to wear during the day and night. I loved the brands print details on the lipstick itself, you can nicely contour lips with a nice lip pencil for more defined look but if you’re some on like me – a natural beauty lover by applying the lipstick by itself you can get a natural lip color that comes within you.
- Fresh Glow Highlighting Luminous Pen ($39 each) – is a highlighting pen to illuminate parts of the complexion which captures light. I would say its an easy way to put up a cream highlighter into the pen packaging which makes the application easy especially while you’re on the go. The texture is lightweight, creamy and glides effortlessly across the skin creating a glowing complexion with just one strike. It comes in with a perfect universal shade that complements all skin tones.
- Cat Lash Mascara ($32 each)- Which is an eye-opening volume mascara, creating a cat eye effect to the lashes. The brush is designed with an hourglass-shape, it hugs, extends and separates each lashes to fullest which creates a fanned-out lashes. It carries short bristles to wrap the lashes and while longer bristles combs out to separate and define a clump-free finish. I loved how it literally grab every single with especially the outer corner lashes to create a dramatic cat eye look. The formula is super light but buildable, and as my long time readers know me how much I love to layer my lashes with mascara I usually stop to the point where I get a fake lash look. This Cat Lash Mascara comes in three shades (jet Black, Chestnut Brown and Midnight Blond) which I feel every one can get a nice match to their hair color. Over all I love every thing in this collection, and my favorites are the Runway Palette and Cat Lash Mascara. I find the matte lipsticks are not too matte, it’s carries a nice velvet finish and comfortable wear. The Nail polish colors are pretty amazing, I have fallen in love with the high shine and they’re wearable right now especially since holiday season is just around the corner.
Burberry Runway Make-up Collection and Cat Lash Mascara are available at all Burbery counters in department stores as well as Sephora and online at Burberry.com and Sephora.ca.
Burberry Runway Makeup Collection provided courtesy of Burberry Beauty for review.