When it comes to hair care, hair & scalp treatments have become my go-to solution for shiny and healthy-looking hair. Most of the time we do neglect to pay attention to our scalp which is not more visible to us. Often, when problems like dandruff arise, we simply look at some special drugstore shampoos while we forget to regulate our approach when it comes to maintaining good scalp health. And many times simple issues like dandruff will clogged hair follicles and will end up in hair loss.
As well as when we notice frizz in our hair we reach out to more intense hair care products like oils and balms. There is always one thing missing in your hair care – to remove product build-up and impurities to reveal you’re natural shine + restore moisture (hair & scalp). Constantly using hair care products and using water in our showers that carry chemicals as chlorine + other substances that add buildup upon our hair and scalp.
Many times you may notice nice healthy-looking hair just by skipping hair care products like oils and other hair balms and treatments will result in hair look less frizzy and dull, ever wondered why? It’s not that you’re using the wrong product, it’s because there is a buildup on your hair and scalp that needs a detoxication.
I do have a couple of approaches to maintain good and healthy-looking hair and scalp. My routine consists of DETOXING only once in two months, deep intense treatment for my hair and scalp once a month and weekly intense masking for my hair + regular use of hair oils to keep my hair end nourished.
Hair & Scalp detoxifying or cleansing treatments, come in different forms like foams, sprays and oils. The mean goal is to detoxify & restore hydration to the hair & scalp. The best way to use a treatment for the hair & scalp is overnight treatments such as oils, serums and leave-in masks. Also to nourish your scalp once a week brings moisture and hydration to maintain good health. There are quite clarifying shampoos available but you may want to limit use since it could be problematic for scalp health.
Here I have few scalp & hair treatments that will guide you to solve the problems.
- Best Clarifying Shampoo Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Clinical Densifying Shampoo. This is probably the best option when it comes to detoxifying hair and scalp. It’s gentle while adds a nice fullness to the hair. I like to use this once in 2 months because I do have dry hair and scalp, using more than that I find is not suitable for my hair texture.
- Best High-End Option Aveda invati Advanced Scalp Revitalizer this one is really good. I love its easy to use and probably the best option to prevent hair loss.
- Best Drugstore Option OGX this one is probably the best option you can get from the drug store. It’s nice gentle and removes all impurities from hair and scalp.
- Best Dry Scalp Treatment Kerastase Initialiste Advanced Scalp & Hair Serum, I love the hair oils and treatments from Kerastase and this scalp serum is definitely one of my favourites. It’s lightweight and doesn’t weigh down the hair at all. I like to use this once a month as an overnight treatment. I do give my scalp a massage with the product and wash it in the morning.
- Best Dandruff Solution Oribe Serene Scalp Soothing Leave-On Hair Treatment. I don’t get to experience dandruff but when I do this treatment looks after my scalp.
- Best Drugstore Dandruff Shampoo Vichy Dercos Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. I have used this for the past two years and works like wonders. I have only reached out to it the times I noticed dandruff and wanted an immediate solution.
- Best Hair Oil Treatment Moroccanoil probably one of the products that have saved my hair from dryness + heated products. I have been using this product for more than 15 years now and still one of my favourites to use after I wash my hair. It does come in two different textures light and thick.
- Best Hair Treatment + Conditioner for Dry Hair Monat Double Action Hydrating Serum is one of the hair treatments I tried last year and I was shocked at how it transferred my dry hair to healthy-looking hair. You see results once you’re done with the entire treatment. At the same time, Monat Hydrating Conditioner is the only conditioner I find I don’t lose hair when I apply it.
- Best Hair Mask for Curly Hair Oribe Curl Gelée for Shine and Definition been one of the best curl masks I have tried by far. Again you’ll see the difference after using it a couple of times of use.
- Best Overnight Hair Mask Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum is a game-changer to your hair care routine. I have been reaching out to it almost all the time. You wake up to shinier and healthy-looking hair in the morning. They just introduced this formula for blond hair as well.
- Best Mask for Oily Scalp Marc Anthony’s Instant Miracle Mask is one of the best hair masks for oily scalp. I have mentioned this many times in my posts. I don’t have an oily scalp but after testing this product I have a good sense it works amazingly on oily scalp. For me, it added an instant volume which was noticeable to me.
- Best Dry Scalp Treatment Nioxin Scalp Relief Kit has introduced to me just a couple of weeks ago and it’s probably the best formula out in the market when it comes to dry scalp + hair growth treatment.
- Best Dry Shampoo Kerastase Fresh Affair Refreshing Fine Fragrance Dry Shampoo, although dry shampoos are not my thing for fact that I have dry skin (scalp) but time to time when I miss my shower days I do reach out to dry shampoos and this is the best formula I have tried by far. It’s lightweight, feels clean and fresh.