The 29th Annual Contessa Awards – The Canadian Hairstylist of the Year awards is happening in Toronto on the Sunday, November 12, 2017. This is one of the Award ceremony that brings out the best hair stylists, makeup artists and nail technicians throughout Canada and recognizes the best and the brightest stars in beauty professional. Contessa Award is a photo-based competition that only brings professionally certified hairstyles, nail and makeup artist together, yet this year they’re adding a new category for International Hairstylist of the year. I was thrilled to receive a curated bag from Contessa Award that represents some of the items from well known brands that are participating and sponsoring this event such as L’Oréal Professionel, Wella, Maroccanoil and much more. Some of the biggest names in hair industry including Aveda’s Ray Civello, whos multiple award-winning hairstylist as well as Johnston from Nanaimo.B.C will be attending the event. In this curated bag I found some of my favorite items that I have been using it from many years and have been staples for me from a very long time, plus some new to me items that have been added to my must have list. Here are some of my favorite items:
- Moroccanoil’s Mending Infusion ($58) is a Mending Infusion that helps with to reduce visible signs of damaged hair—such as frayed ends, dryness and color damage—while taming frizz and preventing further damage. It is formulated with a vitamin-fueled, quinoa. A blend of argan oil and baobab extracts, packed with antioxidants and amino acids, transforms ends from dry and brittle to silky and touchable. It’s perfect for those who constantly use hot and heat products on hair. The texture is light and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the hair. Massage the tip of the hair working upward.
- Aveda’s shampure dry shampoo ($46) is a dry shampoo with naturally derived powders that absorb excess oil and impurities. It’s perfect for all hair types. This Aveda’s Shampure dry shampoo calms the senses with an aroma with 25 pure flower and plant essences including certified organic lavender, petitgrain and ylang ylang. It’s good for those with oily hair.
- Joico’s Brightening Masque ($25) it’s a moisturizing hair masque that instantly hydrates, softens, and amps up your pale strands by neutralizing those nasty trace minerals that lead to dullness and yellowing. It’s easy to use just apply several pumps one or more times per week as needed to damp, freshly cleansed hair. Leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse. It doesn’t feel heavy or greasy at all.
- REDKEN Wind Blowing 05 Dry Finishing Spray ($18) This is a mild control volumizing & texturizing dry hairspray creates airy texture, weightless volume and flexible fullness to hold a full windswept effect. This hairspray is perfect for giving hair just the right amount of texture and volume. Hair looks fresh and healthy through out the day and it hold on your styled hair.
- Wild Styler Beach Waves ($28) is a styling hair spray that gives tousled texturised effect. This texturising salt water spray gives the most beautiful and beachy waves effect you have dreamed with no rough texture. apply at night and leave for a messy-chic finish, or spray before barrel curling for an added texturised effect. This styling essential is perfect for a matte, chic look on any hair type.
- New Light Luminous Reflective Oil This is one my favorite hair oils that I used to use it a while back and have forgotten on how good is this product. This is a light versatile subliming hair oil for light reflections. It creates a beautiful luminosity to the hair without feeling heavy. Its infused with Camellia Oil that helps with dryness and split ends.
- Goldwell Just Smooth Taming Shampoo & Conditioner are formulated to detangle and nourishes the hair for a smooth and touchable soft hair. It formulated with Kukui Nut oil that is known for it’s moisturizing effect. The active ingredient combination helps to even the hair surface and smoothes the hair structure for improved manageability, easy detangling and frizz control.