I was supper excited to try out the Le Vernis Nail Polish in two colours from Givenchy Beauty for this season. I spotted these nail polish formulas at the Givenchy counter at one of my visits at Sephora recently, after trying out the formula and swatching them on my nails I was amazed with the nice and glossy look and mirror like effect finish of it immediately. The colours are fairly simple and apply flawlessly offering a nice clean polished look. I received:
- N°07 Grenat Initie – is a vibrant red. It has a slightly warmer tone and not too orangey. Below I have it applied with three coats.
- N°02 Beige Mousseline – is a nude pink with slight warmth to it. This also carries a bit of beige and peach into it. Below I have applied it in two coats.
Both colours are beautiful and classic. Lasting power has been very good for me and to be honest I had never experienced some thing like this before. It stayed up to 6 days with no chipping (without extra work). The formula is supper light which makes it super easy to layer or I should say it dries up very fast for layering and while layering it doesn’t look thick. Two coats were good enough to get a true colour of the polishes but I found with third coat you get a sleek finish and strike free with true colour. These have a thin jelly like texture but with pigment. It comes in a 4G logo engraved on the leather like black top caps along with the transparent glass bottle.
Bottom line I loved these beautiful nail polishes from Givenchy in terms of high quality, performance and staying power. Both shades are beautiful and versatile. There are not a huge rage of colours but they carry a great range staple colours. you can shop Le Vernis Nail Polish at all department stores as well as online at Barneys.com.
Press samples were provided by the Givenchy team for reviewing purposes.
Sally Hansen have introduced the a new formula lately Miracle Gel (C$9.97 each). These are gel nail paints with no LED required with 69 beautiful and amazing colors. You can get your gel manicure at comfort of your own place, that will stay on for up to 14 days. I personally was very excited to tryout the new formula, as many of you know I’m a mother of 3 and keeping my nails and nail polish in good shape is close to impossible. I find getting gel nails at the saloon gets quite expensive as well as time-consuming for me. These were some thing I was really looking forward into, I received three beautiful colors from the brand along side with a top clear coat.
- Terra Copper – is a golden copper foil finish shade with silver, gold and pink fine shimmers. I personally don’t wear shimmers on nails but I loved how this shimmer shade looks on my hands. I would say it’s a perfect nude shimmer nail paint.
- Street Flair – is a light pastel lavender color and carries a semi matte finish texture. Pastel shades don’t go along very well with my skin tone, but I think this one makes a pretty justice with my skin tone. I totally fell it makes a great shade on a more pale skin tone.
- Motley Hue – this one is a nice bright pink with a blue under tone. It carries a semi glossy finish. I would say a good every day color especially during summer days.
This is a two-step nail paint system, where it offers an up to 14 days stay just like gel nail polishes but without LED light. Apply two layer of Miracle Gel nail color, keeping in mind that you need to let dry each coat before layering, this way it will not only gives you a longer stay – you will achieve much better results. After both coats are fully dry you can apply the Miracle Gel top clear coat to finish it seamlessly.
Over all very impressed with the out come, as I mentioned being a mom of three it’s a little challenging to keep the nail paints. Mine usually starts chipping by third day but I was very impressed with the results of tis Miracle Gel nail polish. For me it lasted on my nails from a week to 10 days. In that note I must include that I do all the house chores, but I if you’re some one who works at the office or have a less contact on daily chores, this Miracle Gel will stay much longer.
Many thanks to the Sally Hansen team for sending these Miracle Gel polishes for reviewing consideration.
Year 2016 is almost to the end, the year flown by very quickly and looking back, there are many beautiful memories. Today I wanted to share a round-up of my favorite beauty products for 2016 and followed by skin care with a separate post that I have discovered. Most of these products are truly new to me and have become my must haves. I’m sure there are many new discoveries for 2017 which I can’t wait to share them with you all.
Face and Cheeks:
- Fresh – Sugar Cream Lip Treatment is a most moisturizing lip cream I have ever used (reviewed here).
- Nars – Velvet Lip Glide is a semi matte lipstick with an ultra smooth texture (reviewed here).
- Stila – Stay All Day, Sparkle All Night Liquid Lipstick a great set that carries a great range of shades for all year long (reviewed here).
- Kat Von D – Project Champs Ever lasting Liquid Lipstick is light weight and non drying matte finish liquid lipstick (reviewed here).
- Burberry – Lip Velvet Lipstick one of my favorite formula for lipsticks for 2016 (reviewed here).
- Make Up For Ever – Artist Rouge Matte is the most beautiful matte finish lipstick (reviewed here).
- Nars – Thousand worlds Lip & Nail set comes in two beautiful shades, that I have been wearing repetitively (reviewed here).
- Dior – Autumn Lacquer polishes beautiful shades with great formula (reviewed here).
These are some of the new items that I was obsessed over this year, I would love to know what new discoveries you had this year. You can leave a comment letting me know your 2016 must haves. This was a quick throw back at 2016, just in case you missed any of the posts, I have linked the full review. Mean while wishing all you a very Happy New Years!