Today I am rounding up a few of my favourite summer beauty staples and favourites I have in rotation for minimal makeup looks I achieve for every day. Although I am used to staying home yet summer breaks are here and I do get dressed for the day and put up some makeup to help me feel more like myself. I have the same makeup routine for weekends but with a little more effort and coverage. I keep it super casual but I find myself ready enough to step out of the house with kids when we need to right away + hoping for a back to normal life.
As usual, I do experiment with makeup tricks and techniques to find better ways to keep my makeup in place better, longer and without looking cakey but it seems like I get a turn back to what I love to do. I love clean dewy skin with my face framed by my brows and mascaras. Although extreme contour and highlight plus bronzer looks are fading, I still like to have a light bronzed complexion to add warmth to my overall look.
For powder, I am still not a lover of setting powder especially when the weather gets hot and humid. I did try out setting my base with a loose powder this past weekend and it was a fail. I like my base glowy. But I found both Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder + Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish works very well. I do like to rotate my base but my top 3 favourite formulas are in different categories are as follows:
Cream Tinted Moisturizers + CC Creams:
For the base, I always stick to my CC Creams during the summer season and recently I shared my thoughts on the Chanel CC Cream here which I am in love with at the moment. But all 3 bases are a must-have during the summer season to get that nice natural finish depending on your looks with a good amount of SPF you need for the day.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is one that I ultimatly reach out almost every day. It has a sheer coverage but evens out the skin and makes skin look better without any texture. Its a perfect base for every day.
- Chanel Complete Correction CC Cream in 30 Beige (review + before/after here) is perfect base for a day that isn’t that hot and humid or you can set it with a setting powder to last longer. Gives a medium coverage and looks flawless on skin.
- It Cosmetics CC+ Your Skin But Better in Light is my favourite formula that is full coverage and covers me with my daily SPF and with amazing finish. I personally love the matte finish for its lasting powder.
I don’t use powders but when I do these 3 give the most flawless finish to the skin. They’re easy to use + you can wear them alone or on top of your foundation for extra coverage without building any texture.
- Diorskin Forever Perfect Matte Powder Foundation is lightweight and gives skin a nice natural look. Its almost with me in my beauty bag on the go.
- Baremineral Orginal Powder is my all time favorite. It covers everything you need to cover.
- Urban decay Stay Naked The Fix Powder Foundation gives a flawless look. Its sheer to medium coverage and looks great on skin.
Concealers are my best friends. But for minimal looks I use correctors. If I ever have to choose a base it’s concealer. There are only a few that I can handle during the summertime. I am sharing my all-time favourite concealers and corrector for summer.
- Power Fabric Stretchable Full Coverage Concealer is AMAZING!!! it has a creamy texture and full coverage. It leaves skin flawless with amazing lasting powder
- Nars Soft Matte Concealer is a full coverage concealer that dries down to powder.
- Cle de Peau Beaute iconic conealer is my all time favorite. I covers every thing with a light coverage and increbely amazing lasting power.
- Laura mercier Secret Camouflauge Concealer Duo Stick is the easist and best tool to correct and brighten the under eye area.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer is one that has creamy textue and immediatly cancels out all dark circles.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Vanish Color Corrector
Eyes & Brows
For eyes and brows, I like to keep it simple but they’re one of the features that you need to enhance to frame the face. For every day my bronzer does a great job of adding warmth to my eyes but there are few cream formulas that add an extra dimension immediately without putting any effort. For my brows, I have been loving the tinted brow products with gel formula to get that micro-bladed kinda look.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel
- It Comsmetics Brow Power Filler Volumizing Tinted Fiber Eyebrow Gel
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Gold , Star Gold are my favorite shades to add color and demenion plus they have an amazing lasting power.
- Armani Eye Tint Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeshadows are another favorite formula, that exceptional demenion and color to the eyes.
- Currenlty I am loving both Lancome Lash Idole Mascara (for soft look) + Monsieur Big Mascara (for bold lashes)
- bareMinerals Strength and Length Serum Infused Mascara is one I am loving for its clean look and best applicator
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara is my favorite at the moment.
Blush + Bronzer
Using multi-tasking products make life easy. For bronzers, I like to use it to add warmth all over my complexion and for blushes – fresh soft coral and pinks are my on the go.
- Nars Summer Solstice Cheek Duo is one of the best limited edition bronzers. Its lightweight, adds nice color on complexion plus glow.
- Guerlian Terracotta Sunkissed Natural Bronzer Powder just rediscovered the new formula and its amazing how it looks on skin.
- Estee Lauder Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer is a very classic and versatile bronzer for all skin types and love the finish on the skin with a nice glow.
- Nars Orgasm Liquid and Powder blushes are my classic and on the go to get color and glow at the same time.
- Laura Mercier Blush Color Infusion in Watermelon is a must have for the season.
- Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Cream Blush is been one i reach out almost every day for the lightweight and lasting formula.
I like to keep my lip products simple and easy. For every day I use nice tinted balms which I have listed them numerous time here on the blog but when on weekends I like to use jumbo lip liners or pencils to contour and define my lips and top it with a gloss. I will list all my favourite ones with their shades for you here:
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Ultra Pink which is a nice luminous sheer pink but adds enough color.
- YSL Beauty Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm in Mad Nude.
- Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in Deep Throat.
- Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Fresh.
- Charlotte Tillbury Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk.
- Makeup for Ever Artist Color Pencil: Eye, Lip & Brow Pencil in Completely Sepia.
- IT Cosmetics Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss been my on the go in shade MARVELOUS which is a warm pink. It instantly pumps lips and adds instant color and hydartion.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss in Sugar High (soft peachy pink) and French Tickler ( iridescent peach pink with tiny champagne shimmers).
- Nars Oil-Infused Lip Tint in Laguna.
I hope this post was helped you find your way to beauty products during the summertime.