We’re right off the Holiday season and keeping your skin healthy and hydrated requires a lot of work and dedication during these dry winter months. We all get caught up with our back to work routine and daily life where we forget all about our skin. Today I’m sharing some easy tips and simple ways to remind you on how to keep your skin flawless and healthy.
- Water, water and water – Every thing comes from your within, the easiest way to keep your skin well hydrated is from the inside, and 80% of your body is made of water. Making sure you’re drinking around 8 glass of water a day will keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated. It definitely doesn’t sound easy, while many of us doesn’t like the taste of water but if you get to drink your 4 glasses of water before non it will make it easier for your to get that (2L) water inside your system. Adding a slice of lemon along with couple of fresh mint leaves or cucumbers adds a nice refreshing taste and it helps with water retention.
- Eat Water Rich Foods – Foods rich in water can be as hydrating and healthy to your skin as water. Fruits and Vegetables like watermelon, cucumbers, lettuce and many other have a higher % of water and minerals that will help you with your skin to stay hydrate.
- Avoid Hot Showers – Steamy hot shower or bath does sounds relaxing but in fact its not healthy for our skin at all. it dries out the skin and strips away the skin’s natural oils, instant try to keep the water cool or limit your hot showers to minimum to avoid washing away your natural skin oils. It also affects on elasticity of your skin over time.
- Moisturizer and Essences – Never forget about your moisturizer, especially on your nightly routine. You want to make sure when you wake up in the morning your skin should look and feel plumped. Needless to say that your should never forget to take off your makeup before bed. It doesn’t allow you skin to breath, and closes the pores. Essences are a new way to add that extra hydration to your skin. You can always keep one in your on the go makeup bag to get refreshed during the day while you’re on the go.
- Hydrating Masks – This is one of my favorite trend which could be very helpful than you think! It not only hydrates the skin, it calm you down after a long trip, a busy or hectic day. It always nice to pamper yourself.
- Sweating – Sweating helps to eliminate toxic chemicals that are under your skin. When it comes to exercise we all have not time at all but believe it or not that 20 minutes not only circulate the blood flow throughout our body, it also helps maintain the health of our skin.
- Aloe Vera and Honey – They’re both known as nature’s beauty saviors. You can get vera gel and apply it over dry skin and the acid in it will speed up the healing process and get rid of dead skin cells immediately. And this treatment is really efficient on sun burn or any other skin burns. Same with Honey – it helps skin calm any irritations on skin. Just apply hondy all over dry skin and leave at least for 5 minutes and repeat it 2-3 times a week and you will see the difference.